Hanging Check and Wash Mail (Yahoo)

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
genegold
Guardian Gecko

Hanging Check and Wash Mail (Yahoo)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 am

For the past three months, with MWP 7.5.0 and a beta (7.4.1?) before that, Check Mail has *sometimes* been hanging, failing to login Yahoo mail (free). If I stop Check Mail, it typically takes a minute, if not longer, to release, i.e., Wash Mail to become active again. Sometimes it's just easier to close and reopen MWP. Which leads to some questions:
1) Is anyone else experiencing this?
2) Why does it take so long for Check Mail to release when stopped?
3) Would it help to put a time limit into Check Mail by account?

This is Win 8.1 x64 Pro and I did a clean reinstall in December. The hanging started a little before that. Thanks,

Update: Just noticed that when I stop Check Mail and press Wash Mail when there is Yahoo mail that is hanging, then Wash Mail runs on and on until it stops, which I assume is some kind of timing out. But if I then close and reopen MWP still with the Yahoo mail, Check Mail runs quickly but Wash Mail hangs.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Hanging Check and Wash Mail (Yahoo)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Every so often MailWasher won't be able to log into one or more of my Yahoo! accounts. As I check a lot of accounts, I've never stopped the check, and so after a while the time out will kick in and I get an error in the Event Log.

Have you tried just letting the mail check run? You may find that that's a lot faster than your current approach.
Windows 10
genegold
Guardian Gecko

Re: Hanging Check and Wash Mail (Yahoo)

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:52 am

Either way it takes a long time to time out and in the meantime appears to block other non-Yahoo mail from washing. Whether that's just appearance or reality, I haven't checked.

Return to “General Site”