No response from Firetrust ?

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Caravelle
Student Sheep

No response from Firetrust ?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:59 am

A few years ago Firetrust persuaded me to buy Webroot SecureAnywhere through them. My subscription recently expired but before that I hit the button in the program and duly paid for a further 13 months' subscription. I have a receipt from PayPal to say that I have paid my money, and that the recipient was Firetrust. As I understood it, I would be emailed a new keycode.

I have not received the keycode. I contacted Webroot, who said I should contact Firetrust. I have now sent three emails to support@firetrust.com (the address given on the PayPal receipt)and not received any acknowledgement, not even the usual "Thanks for your query, you'll get an answer soon". It seems my only option is to go public.

An email may have disappeared along the way as spam, but firetrust emails always used to get through to me.

If I don't get some response I shall have to claim my money back through PayPal, and buy a new copy of the AV direct from Webroot. We have three PCs here with no protection, I can't wait much longer. Will someone there please respond to PayPal transaction ID No 49C30586B3178581B of 19 January.

Caravelle
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: No response from Firetrust ?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Whats one of your Firetrust Ticket ID# ? I can't find any support tickets using the email address you use on the forum.
Caravelle
Student Sheep

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi

Ticket ID# ? How do I get one of those :?: Webroot told me to email support@firetrust.com. I have been doing that with no response. I am emailing from address michael.hooker followed by @virgin.net. That is the address at which I just received notification that you had replied, so I presume it is the address I am using in the forum (I cannot find any way to check).

My <Mailwasher> registered address is michael.hooker followed by avphotosonline.org.uk but that address is dead owing to the recent demise of the associated domain. Perhaps when the Webroot issue is sorted out, you would tell me how I can change my Mailwasher registration address to the virgin address so I get notifications from Firetrust - my sub expires in August.

Thank you

Caravelle
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:41 am

OK great, I've changed your details in our system to the Virgin account.

When you email support@firetrust.com you'll get a response back giving you your Ticket #. Unless your emails aren't getting through to us, which looks like the issue as I can find no messages from you in the last couple of years.

Will ask Nick to take a look at the PayPal payment and get in touch soon.

Cheers
Caravelle
Student Sheep

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:06 am

Many thanks. I haven't been getting any "undeliverable" messages, but for all I know they have been disappearing into the void too. Virgin's handling of spam (and emails they think are spam) can be, let's say, "interesting". I found it quite frustrating that when I received a phishing message claiming to be from them and asking me to send all my bank account details, it got through unhindered. When I tried to be helpful and forward it to Virgin's abuse address, the webmail system refused to let me send it, claiming it was spam. Clever eh ? They have recently split from using the gmail engine, and since then Mailwasher refuses to delete messages sent to virgin.net from the preview window after I have downloaded them, but I shall query this in the proper place in this Forum later. It's no big deal.

Caravelle
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:02 am

Oops, I see we've run out of license keys. Apologies for this, I've sent you a license key for the Complete version instead.
Caravelle
Student Sheep

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:58 am

Many thanks, Nick. Up and running again, and feeling a bit safer. The key works just fine for the version we have.

Sorry to have to raise this in the Forum, but as far as I could see it was the only way to make contact.

Caravelle

Return to “General Site”