[Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: [Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:OK, now I have a better understanding of why you asked. Thanks and Sorry about the confusion. :bow :bow
Apologies not needed, QO. :)

I see what you mean — those white spaces are killing my eyes. :yuck
Glad you concur because my eyes are just about shot too! :facepalm :facepalm :devil
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:02 am

TrustFire wrote:Here are some more issues with the white areas — this time, on the Notification Pop-up:—

Issues_With_The_Notifications.png
First off, I accidentally hit the Report button but didn't go beyond that. Hope it didn't Auto-Finalize the Report. My Bad!!! :bow :bow

Second, I'll concur with TF's SC Comments. :thumbsup :thumbsup
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:09 am

Here's a SC of the excessive WhiteSpace in and around the CCC:
CCCWhiteSpace.png
CCCWhiteSpace.png (109.52 KiB) Viewed 9104 times
Something needs to be done with it as well. :facepalm :rant :thumbsup :thumbsup

And one more thing ...
As TF noted about the Notifications Window, The CCC Title Bar also fails to match the Board Theme.
[/b]
Last edited by QuietOne on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:12 am

There's a very strange behavior I notice — not sure whether it is only me.

Whenever I edit a post or make a post, I like to refresh/reload the page to then drool over my creation ( :P ) — with this new Board, after I click the Submit button and the page gets refreshed/reloaded, I find the post in Edit mode — damn. :scratch
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:29 am

Posting this just for tickles — not sure again, whether it's just me. :scratch

The page number (2) is missing from
this thread
[/url]:—
Missing_Page_Number.png
Missing_Page_Number.png (65.66 KiB) Viewed 9102 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 am

TrustFire wrote:There's a very strange behavior I notice — not sure whether it is only me.

Whenever I edit a post or make a post, I like to refresh/reload the page to then drool over my creation ( :P ) — with this new Board, after I click the Submit button and the page gets refreshed/reloaded, I find the post in Edit mode — damn. :scratch
Suspect this behavior might be "of your own doing", there TF as I don't see the same thing on my system. :scratch :dunno :devil
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 am

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:There's a very strange behavior I notice — not sure whether it is only me.

Suspect this behavior might be "of your own doing", there TF as I don't see the same thing on my system. :scratch :dunno :devil
Thanks for the feedback, bro. — I sure screwed-up on some code. :thumbsup
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:39 am

TrustFire wrote:Posting this just for tickles — not sure again, whether it's just me. :scratch

this thread

Missing_Page_Number.png
If you are talking about the "Mailwasher Pro 7: 2011/2012" Forum then I'll have to say that once again it looks like it's "of your own doing", there TF.

If it's a different Forum then the link you posted (i.e. url=http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50) is bad.

========================
EDIT:

Ummmm, Correction ...

While the #2 IS present when I go back to the Off Topic Forum Main Page, the #6 IS MISSING! :shock: :scratch :scratch :crazy :wtf
MissingPageNumber.png
MissingPageNumber.png (54.12 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
Last edited by QuietOne on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:40 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, bro. — I sure screwed-up on some code. :thumbsup
:bow Think nothing of it there TF :devil
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:17 am

Here's a whole bunch of SC's showing other Tabs, Sub-Headers and Headers (from the Main Forum Page) All of which are located IN the Customer Care Center which FAIL to Match the New Forum Theme:

MisMatched Tabs (Blend in with the Background and almost disappear!)
MisMatchedTabsInCCC.png
MisMatchedTabsInCCC.png (100.55 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
MisMatched Sub-Headers (They blend in with the Forum Titles far too much and need to stand out more)
MisMatchedSubHeaderForumGroupsInCCC.png
MisMatchedSubHeaderForumGroupsInCCC.png (145.32 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
MisMatched Headers #1 (Causes them to almost be lost amongst the rest of the text)
MisMatchedHeadersInCCC#1.png
MisMatchedHeadersInCCC#1.png (86.53 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
MisMatched Headers #2 (Same as above in #1)
MisMatchedHeadersInCCC#2.png
MisMatchedHeadersInCCC#2.png (45.05 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:21 pm

TrustFire wrote:Here are some more issues with the white areas — this time, on the Notification Pop-up:—
Issues_With_The_Notifications.png
Issues_With_The_Notifications.png (419.06 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
Notification Pop-up Issues:—

Fixed the the blinding white background — re-colored the Header and Footer in consonance with the Board scheme:—
Resolutions_Of_All_Notification_Issues.png
Resolutions_Of_All_Notification_Issues.png (324.87 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:34 pm

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Posting this just for tickles — not sure again, whether it's just me. :scratch

this thread
Missing_Page_Number.png
Missing_Page_Number.png (65.66 KiB) Viewed 9084 times
If you are talking about the "Mailwasher Pro 7: 2011/2012" Forum then I'll have to say that once again it looks like it's "of your own doing", there TF.

If it's a different Forum then the link you posted (i.e. url=http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50) is bad.
Thanks again for your valuable feedback. :thumbsup

QuietOne wrote:EDIT:

Ummmm, Correction ...

While the #2 IS present when I go back to the Off Topic Forum Main Page, the #6 IS MISSING! :shock: :scratch :scratch :crazy :wtf
MissingPageNumber.png
MissingPageNumber.png (54.12 KiB) Viewed 9084 times
Yes QO, confirmed — it's missing for me, too.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:14 am

Don't know if anybody else thinks this is aggravating but I'd sure like to be able to see an ENTIRE DATE/TIME STAMP in the Display of the Forum List on the Main Forum List Page. It's pretty worthless if you ask me to have a Date/Time Stamp w/ both an Incomplete DATE, a Missing TIME and which ends in an elipsis!!! :facepalm :facepalm

The above problem is true of ALL the Forums Listed (on the "Main Forum List" Page and "Main Thread" Page of a Given Forum), not just the ones in the SC. Does NOT exist for Posts in a given "Forum Thread"!

Whether or not the Forum Thread Titles (in the top line of the circled area) are complete or not would be nice but is less important; But this portion of the Forum List needs to be made to Display wide enough that the Date/Time Stamps Display COMPLETELY.
Date-TimeStamps.png
Date-TimeStamps.png (216.86 KiB) Viewed 9079 times
Last edited by QuietOne on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:24 am

TrustFire wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Fixed the the blinding white background — re-colored the Header and Footer in consonance with the Board scheme:—

Resolutions_Of_All_Notification_Issues.png
Not so fast there Tonto!! :nono :nono Doesn't work for ME and I suspect the others. :scratch
NotSoFast.png
NotSoFast.png (165.69 KiB) Viewed 9077 times
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:34 am

I'm seeing random inconsistencies in the read/unread indicators in the forums.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3

Return to “General Site”