[Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: [Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:57 pm

QuietOne wrote:While I grant you it's been a week or two since I checked in but what happened to the Flame Logo???? :scratch :scratch

This thing (see SC) is :bs :gag :yuck :facepalm :thumbsdown :thumbsdown
FlameGone.jpg
FlameGone.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 15796 times
Pierre wrote:I don't know. All I found it was a flame yesterday but today It had changed to that stupid block. I was going to send RD a PM but it is the weekend - I will send him one at 23:00 tomorrow night which 24 hours from right now. RD is 2 hours ahead of me. I am just about to hit the sack (23:01 here now. :snore :snore :snore :snore :snore
So then, we have 2 options before us:—
  • remove the present (ugly) one, :devil or
  • replace it with a photoshopped replica of the original (beautiful) one.
My personal tendency is to not only banish the logos from all sites but also the complete headers — what do you guys suggest? :idea:
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 pm

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:While I grant you it's been a week or two since I checked in but what happened to the Flame Logo???? :scratch :scratch

This thing (see SC) is :bs :gag :yuck :facepalm :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

FlameGone.jpg
Pierre wrote:I don't know. All I found it was a flame yesterday but today It had changed to that stupid block. I was going to send RD a PM but it is the weekend - I will send him one at 23:00 tomorrow night which 24 hours from right now. RD is 2 hours ahead of me. I am just about to hit the sack (23:01 here now. :snore :snore :snore :snore :snore
So then, we have 2 options before us:—
  • remove the present (ugly) one, :devil or
  • replace it with a photoshopped replica of the original (beautiful) one.
My personal tendency is to not only banish the logos from all sites but also the complete headers — what do you guys suggest? :idea:
My personal intentions are to replace a HDD in my Laptop and buy a new monitor for my Desktop. Both gave up the ghost today and am using a 21" TV set with VGA PC input on my Desktop at this moment. :cry :cry
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:34 pm

Changes:—
  • Photoshopped and restored the Site Logo to a brand new one.
  • This mod. is expected to survive all future forum (and theme) upgrades.
Codes uploaded to the server. :thumbsup
Site_Logo__(BEFORE).png
Right click (the above screenshot) >>----> hold down *Ctrl* key >>----> click *View Image* for the BIGGER picture.
Site_Logo__(BEFORE).png (39.79 KiB) Viewed 15758 times
Site_Logo__(AFTER).png
Right click (the above screenshot) >>----> hold down *Ctrl* key >>----> click *View Image* for the BIGGER picture.
Site_Logo__(AFTER).png (39.51 KiB) Viewed 15758 times
[/center]
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 pm

TrustFire wrote:Changes:—
  • Photoshopped and restored the Site Logo to a brand new one.
  • This mod. is expected to survive all future forum (and theme) upgrades.
Codes uploaded to the server. :thumbsup
Site_Logo__(BEFORE).png
Site_Logo__(AFTER).png
That makes my day. :thumbsup :bow I am also $365.00 poorer so don't clap - throw money. :devil

TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Pierre wrote:My personal intentions are to replace a HDD in my Laptop and buy a new monitor for my Desktop. Both gave up the ghost today and am using a 21" TV set with VGA PC input on my Desktop at this moment. :cry :cry
Pierre wrote: I am also $365.00 poorer so don't clap - throw money. :devil
Ouch, hope you managed to fix both your systems.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 pm

TrustFire wrote:
Pierre wrote:My personal intentions are to replace a HDD in my Laptop and buy a new monitor for my Desktop. Both gave up the ghost today and am using a 21" TV set with VGA PC input on my Desktop at this moment. :cry :cry
Yes, all fixed. DT has a new Philips 21.5" Wide HD LED Monitor and LT has a new Corsair 240GB SSD drive. :thumbsup

TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Pierre wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
Yes, all fixed. DT has a new Philips 21.5" Wide HD LED Monitor and LT has a new Corsair 240GB SSD drive. :thumbsup
Wow — good to know! :thumbsup :D
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Changes To The Notification Alert Pop-up:—
  • Replaced the glaring White background with the more pleasing Pista Green color,
  • Rounded-off all the 4 corners (looks much better than it's looking on the illustration.)
  • Changed the Heading from Capitals to Sentence Case.
  • Reduced the excess gap between the characters in the Heading.
Uploaded codes to the server. :thumbsup
Notification_Alert__(BEFORE).png
Notification_Alert__(BEFORE).png (27.24 KiB) Viewed 15672 times
Notification_Alert__(AFTER).png
Notification_Alert__(AFTER).png (28.18 KiB) Viewed 15672 times
[/center]
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:52 am

Bug Alert!:—
Missing_Posts__(Bug).png
Missing_Posts__(Bug).png (117.9 KiB) Viewed 15628 times
[/center]
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 am

Not sure if it's just me or if this is a real bug, but the "Back To Top" (BTT) Popup Arrow (see SC) doesn't seem to want to show up when a user clicks on a Notification Menu Link and ends up viewing the last post in a thread (ie. At the bottom of the thread). The User has to scroll up just a little before the BTT shows up.

Wonder if it could be made to show up when the User is viewing the last post at the bottom of said thread (w/o having to scroll at all). :scratch :scratch I mean, why should a user have to scroll at all if there's a BTT Popup/Button available???? :scratch :think

Just asking (and maybe hoping a little too). :devil
BackToTop1.jpg
BackToTop1.jpg (51.49 KiB) Viewed 15489 times
BackToTop2.jpg
BackToTop2.jpg (35 KiB) Viewed 15489 times
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes, the Back To Top button has been designed to disappear after one has scrolled down (or up) after a certain point — unfortunately, it's reappearance is tied to the scrolling action (an action which does not take place when a notification is clicked.) :(
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:44 am

TrustFire wrote:Yes, the Back To Top button has been designed to disappear after one has scrolled down (or up) after a certain point — unfortunately, it's reappearance is tied to the scrolling action (an action which does not take place when a notification is clicked.) :(
unfortunately, it's reappearance is tied to the scrolling action
Hmmm, sounds like a pair of scissors is the tool for the job. Time to "cut the cord" as it were. :devil
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:42 am

Introduced a new feature for the visually challenged, that zooms smaller images for better readability when the cursor is hovered over them (without kicking the User out of the page) — a couple of good examples of small images, right here on this page (please test the freshly uploaded codes and provide feedback.) :idea:

This feature is supposed to work even on images under Preview. :thumbsup
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 am

TrustFire wrote:Introduced a new feature for the visually challenged, that zooms smaller images for better readability when the cursor is hovered over them (without kicking the User out of the page) — a couple of good examples of small images, right here on this page (please test the freshly uploaded codes and provide feedback.) :idea:

This feature is supposed to work even on images under Preview. :thumbsup
Seems to work as advertised - AS LONG AS the cursor is DIRECTLY OVER the image (my SCs in your example) (in both Normal and Preview Modes) with the following caveat ... :roll:

If you right click your mouse (while over the image) and then move the cursor over the right click menu, the zoomed image goes back to normal (even though the cursor is still technically over the image itself as well).
  • Is this behavior something you had anticipated???? :scratch And
  • Is this behavior "normal" (i.e. to be expected, ahem ... A "design' feature :roll: :devil )???? :scratch
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:54 am

Always nice to have a warm fuzzy back!!!! :joy :joy :joy :joy :devil
Flame-On.jpg
Flame-On.jpg (35.56 KiB) Viewed 15422 times
Thanks RD (or whoever did it) :bow :bow :thumbsup :thumbsup :devil

Return to “General Site”