[Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: [Bugs + Suggestions]: "The NEW Board Upgrade"

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:55 am

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Introduced a new feature for the visually challenged, that zooms smaller images for better readability when the cursor is hovered over them (without kicking the User out of the page) — a couple of good examples of small images, right here on this page (please test the freshly uploaded codes and provide feedback.) :idea:

This feature is supposed to work even on images under Preview. :thumbsup
Seems to work as advertised - AS LONG AS the cursor is DIRECTLY OVER the image (my SCs in your example) (in both Normal and Preview Modes) with the following caveat ... :roll:

If you right click your mouse (while over the image) and then move the cursor over the right click menu, the zoomed image goes back to normal (even though the cursor is still technically over the image itself as well).
  • Is this behavior something you had anticipated???? :scratch And
  • Is this behavior "normal" (i.e. to be expected, ahem ... A "design' feature :roll: :devil )???? :scratch
Oh yes, this was precisely what was expected, by design — matter of fact, have never seen this exact same feature on any other website. :think

BTW, the catchword is hover — when the mouse is right-clicked on an image, the cursor (technically) hovers over the context menu items . . . . . . . . not the image.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:19 am

QuietOne wrote:Always nice to have a warm fuzzy back!!!! :joy :joy :joy :joy :devil

Flame-On.jpg

Thanks RD (or whoever did it) :bow :bow :thumbsup :thumbsup :devil
Were you in a coma when that was fixed? O_o :facepalm
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:02 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:Introduced a new feature for the visually challenged, that zooms smaller images for better readability when the cursor is hovered over them (without kicking the User out of the page) — a couple of good examples of small images, right here on this page (please test the freshly uploaded codes and provide feedback.) :idea:

This feature is supposed to work even on images under Preview. :thumbsup
Seems to work as advertised - AS LONG AS the cursor is DIRECTLY OVER the image (my SCs in your example) (in both Normal and Preview Modes) with the following caveat ... :roll:

If you right click your mouse (while over the image) and then move the cursor over the right click menu, the zoomed image goes back to normal (even though the cursor is still technically over the image itself as well).
  • Is this behavior something you had anticipated???? :scratch And
  • Is this behavior "normal" (i.e. to be expected, ahem ... A "design' feature :roll: :devil )???? :scratch
Oh yes, this was precisely what was expected, by design — matter of fact, have never seen this exact same feature on any other website. :think

BTW, the catchword is hover — when the mouse is right-clicked on an image, the cursor (technically) hovers over the context menu items . . . . . . . . not the image.
Yet the image is indeed still UNDER the cursor. :thumbsup :devil :devil
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:Always nice to have a warm fuzzy back!!!! :joy :joy :joy :joy :devil

Flame-On.jpg

As recently as yesterday (10/2/2016) I was seeing the original Box icon there instead of the Flame being back. Now maybe I was seeing a cached image, but I was still seeing the Box and not the Flame until this AM. :dunno
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:31 am

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:

Flame-On.jpg

As recently as yesterday (10/2/2016) I was seeing the original Box icon there instead of the Flame being back. Now maybe I was seeing a cached image, but I was still seeing the Box and not the Flame until this AM. :dunno
Unless you perused the uploaded codes, you wouldn't possibly see the updated logo that others did. ;)
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:39 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:

Flame-On.jpg

Unless you perused the uploaded codes, you wouldn't possibly see the updated logo that others did. ;)
Don't bet on it! Until this AM when you posted this post (http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p109052), I hadn't updated my forum style since BEFORE you went on your hiatus. :nono :nono
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:44 am

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:

Flame-On.jpg

Don't bet on it! Until this AM when you posted this post (http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p109052), I hadn't updated my forum style since BEFORE you went on your hiatus. :nono :nono
Exactly my point.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:37 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote: Were you in a coma when that was fixed? O_o :facepalm
Exactly my point.
So you're saying the new logo is NOW INTEGRATED INTO to the forum style sheet????? :scratch :scratch :think
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:54 pm

QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote: As recently as yesterday (10/2/2016) I was seeing the original Box icon there instead of the Flame being back. Now maybe I was seeing a cached image, but I was still seeing the Box and not the Flame until this AM. :dunno
Exactly my point.
So you're saying the new logo is NOW INTEGRATED INTO to the forum style sheet????? :scratch :scratch :think
Well, not yet — not unless my codes for the same are employed.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:45 am

TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote:
QuietOne wrote:
TrustFire wrote: Unless you perused the uploaded codes, you wouldn't possibly see the updated logo that others did. ;)
Exactly my point.
Well, not yet — not unless my codes for the same are employed.
Well then, I don't follow. :nono You say ...
Unless you perused the uploaded codes, you wouldn't possibly see the updated logo that others did.
Then I said ..
Until this AM when you posted this post (http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p109052), I hadn't updated my forum style since BEFORE you went on your hiatus.
So if the logo isn't integrated into the style sheet, how can you say ... :crazy :scratch :scratch Now you've really got me confused. :roll: :?
Exactly my point.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:39 am

The logo is hosted at my personal server to survive forum updates and the corresponding codes which are responsible for replacing the ugly box logo have (had) been uploaded and released as an update.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

TrustFire wrote:The logo is hosted at my personal server to survive forum updates and the corresponding codes which are responsible for replacing the ugly box logo have (had) been uploaded and released as an update.
:facepalm Oh OK, somehow (at least in this case) I never realized 2+2=4. :roll: :oops: :facepalm :no :devil

Mmmm, is that what they call an "Awww S^&T!!!" or something similar????? :roll: :oops: :devil :devil :oops: :roll:
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 am

Bug Alert!
  • When multiple spoilers reside in one post, only the first spoiler works.
Spoiler!
Spoiler # 1
Spoiler!
Spoiler # 2
Spoiler!
Spoiler # 3
Spoiler!
Spoiler # 4
Spoiler!
Spoiler # 5
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:01 am

Bug Alert!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:08 am

A rare bug spotted at the Notification Menu:—
Notification_(_SELF).png
Notification_(_SELF).png (201.66 KiB) Viewed 22607 times
[/center]

Return to “General Site”