Notification madness

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
schnief
Guardian Gecko
Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Notification madness

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 am

I can't. No matter what I do, they're checked. :help
MWP on Win7 Pro SP-1 x64 on two Lenovo S20s, two Thinkpads, and two HP Elitebooks. MWP also on three Win10 Pro x64 machines (two Intel NUCs and an Asus Zenbook). All have Norton Security, Malwarebytes Premium, and Surfshark VPN.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Notification madness

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 am

schnief wrote:Image
I can't. No matter what I do, they're checked. :help
It can be un-checked — but, after the Submit button is clicked and the page reloads, it reverts to checked.
Notification_Type.png
Notification_Type.png (99.75 KiB) Viewed 9179 times
[/center]

schnief wrote:I can't. No matter what I do, they're checked. :help
The Notifications are getting marked read, for me — the tick mark remains, though (that's because it's a part of the Heading text and shall therefore remain checked.)
Notifications_Marked_Read__(Pop-up).png
Notifications_Marked_Read__(Pop-up).png (80.86 KiB) Viewed 9178 times
[/center]
MWP 7 (ßeta) | Windows 10 LTSC (20H2) | The Bat! Professional (ßeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (ßeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (ßeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | Internet Connection Speed (4G USB tethering — VoLTE) | .NET Framework (4.8)
schnief
Guardian Gecko
Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 am

TrustFire wrote: ...It can be un-checked — but, after the Submit button is clicked and the page reloads, it reverts to checked.
Yep, ...
http://www.edu-net.net/media/Navi.mp4 (no sound)
TrustFire wrote:The Notifications are getting marked read, for me — the tick mark remains, though (that's because it's a part of the Heading text and shall therefore remain checked.)
OK, but it appears to be eye candy. I mean, after they've been read, what are they good for? It should be possible to delete them.

And don't they ultimately take up a lot of server storage somewhere? After all, we're talking about a plethora of notifications from numerous forum members.

Addendum: The notifications don't get deleted even when you unsubscribe from the topic.
MWP on Win7 Pro SP-1 x64 on two Lenovo S20s, two Thinkpads, and two HP Elitebooks. MWP also on three Win10 Pro x64 machines (two Intel NUCs and an Asus Zenbook). All have Norton Security, Malwarebytes Premium, and Surfshark VPN.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 pm

From what I can tell, the server keeps notifications for 30 days. I can reduce that if desired ?

You're right about not being able to disable, looks like a bug that PHPBB3 aren't in a hurry to fix.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 pm

They actually insist that the new Notification implementation is by design and a feature of the new forum Board. :thumbsdown

BTW, seeing it on the OP after a long time — the old (gray) forum theme looks gross. :devil
MWP 7 (ßeta) | Windows 10 LTSC (20H2) | The Bat! Professional (ßeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (ßeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (ßeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | Internet Connection Speed (4G USB tethering — VoLTE) | .NET Framework (4.8)

Return to “General Site”