email accounts

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
boongsong
Student Sheep

email accounts

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 am

I have established and email acct with GMail but can't find a way to link it to MWP. When I click on Mail Program only Windows Live Mail comes up with an account in Hotmail. If I try to set up an account with GMail, when I get to the last page that says finish, nothing happens when I click finish. How can I get my GMail linked to MWP?
mikebarnes0_0
Travelling Tuatara

Re: email accounts

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

These are my settings.
The user name is my Google email address.
Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (52.77 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Last edited by mikebarnes0_0 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

If you want your horoscope, find a list of Star Signs, then look up Uranus
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
boongsong
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 pm

mikebarnes0_0 wrote:These are my settings.
The user name is my Google email address.
Followed your example but when I click on Mail Program what comes up is a list of programs on my C: drive. same thing when I do a test launch. What might I be doing wrong?
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:48 pm

You seem to be confused. Are you trying to set up a mail program or trying to set your Gmail id into Mailwasher? These are 2 separate steps. Post back and let us know what you are trying to do.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
boongsong
Student Sheep

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am

Pierre wrote:You seem to be confused. Are you trying to set up a mail program or trying to set your Gmail id into Mailwasher? These are 2 separate steps. Post back and let us know what you are trying to do.
Here's what I was trying to do. I have a local isp through which I received my mail via Outlook Express. I was using MWP to scan, then send to OE. That was with my old computer which went south. I got a new computer and was trying to set-up with either MS Live Mail or Hotmail. Couldn't do it with either one so I went to Google and set up an acct with Gmai. I was trying to get MWP to fwd my email to Gmail once I checked it. I still haven't found a way to get that done. But I'm not overly concerned with that now because I have GMail set-up to automatically xfr all my e-mail from MWP to my inbox at Gmail. I have tried all the suggestions submitted and used instructions provided by GMail but I still get a window with all info from my computer (i.e., top bar has program files(x86) Firetrst and Mailwasher Pro) and a listing various folders icons, file extensions, etc. on the right window and the left window shows Favorites, Library, and Computer with various sub-files below each one when I click on Mail Program. At this point I'm not sure MWP is compatible with anything but OE. To everyone that replied, thank you for your assistance. Once I get everyone advised of my new email address I will be uninstalling MWP as I won't be needing it because GMail has a spam/phishing/virus checker included. I'd much rather havekeep XP and OE but have to get on with progress. Again, thanks. By the way. To see what I get when I click on Mail Program, on the top bar, click on File and Launch email application. That's what appears. No idea what I've been doing wrong but just gonna let it lay for now.
Last edited by boongsong on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
boongsong
Student Sheep

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am

Pierre wrote:You seem to be confused. Are you trying to set up a mail program or trying to set your Gmail id into Mailwasher? These are 2 separate steps. Post back and let us know what you are trying to do.
Here's what I was trying to do. I have a local isp through which I received my mail via Outlook Express. I was using MWP to scan, then send to OE. That was with my old computer which went south. I got a new computer and was trying to set-up with either MS Live Mail or Hotmail. Couldn't do it with either one so I went to Google and set up an acct with Gmai. I was trying to get MWP to fwd my email to Gmail once I checked it. I still haven't found a way to get that done. But I'm not overly concerned with that now because I have GMail set-up to automatically xfr all my e-mail from MWP to my inbox at Gmail. I have tried all the suggestions submitted and used instructions provided by GMail but I still get a window with all info from my computer (i.e., top bar has program files(x86) Firetrst and Mailwasher Pro) and a listing various folders icons, file extensions, etc. on the right window and the left window shows Favorites, Library, and Computer with various sub-files below each one when I click on Mail Program. At this point I'm not sure MWP is compatible with anything but OE. To everyone that replied, thank you for your assistance. Once I get everyone advised of my new email address I will be uninstalling MWP as I won't be needing it because GMail has a spam/phishing/virus checker included. I'd much rather havekeep XP and OE but have to get on with progress. Again, thanks.

Return to “General Site”