How can I order MW on CD?

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
RayTheRat
Mystified Moa

How can I order MW on CD?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:35 am

I have a friend whose internet connection is somewhat like a couple of tin cans and a piece of cotton string. I keep recommending MW to him, but he complains that the 9mb file is too large for him to download. I've looked around the Firetrust site for an hour or so and I haven't seen any option for buying it on CD and having it sent via snail mail.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, I spose I can burn the setup file to a CD and mail it to him (he lives about 700 miles from me.)

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Matter of fact, if someone can point me to the appropriate page, I'll just order it and have it sent to him.

Thanks,
Ray the Rat
Automotive photographer and web developer
MW user from the beginning
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: How can I order MW on CD?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am

I don't recall seeing a way to order a CD either so you burning one and shipping it to him might be the best bet.If you go to the post office you might be able to use media-mail to save on postage depending on your location.

Don't e-mail it though, that can turn the 9MB file into an 18MB attachment due to the need to encode the binary data in the installer. Aside from being slow to get an attachment that big can cause the account it lands in to start rejecting messages until the user downloads and deletes it.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
RayTheRat
Mystified Moa

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh, yeah. I mail CDs with my photos all the time. I use a cheap but sturdy mailer and it costs about $1 to mail first class.

Then if it works for him...well, then we'll persuade him to buy his own copy.
Ray the Rat
Automotive photographer and web developer
MW user from the beginning
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:52 pm

We're happy to burn a copy and send to him, but I have no idea what the postage costs would be :)

We used to offer a CD copy when purchasing, but it wasn't worth it in the end. I think it cost an extra $10USD o_O though it wasn't managed by us but the company that handles the Credit Card transactions.

Return to “General Site”