New MailWasher Pro - First Alert!

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Sylvanus
Mystified Moa

New MailWasher Pro - First Alert!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 am

I understand in the new version that subscription to First Alert is complimentary with the subscription to MailWasher Pro. This would be a good deal. But does First Alert! work with the new verison in the same way as it did with the old? With v6.5.3 I got a certain amount of reassurance that my Spam had been spotted by First Alert, or that it was being reported to them once I 'Processed Mail' (to use the former term ;) . Again, I might just be looking in the wrong places with the new version, but I don't feel that reassurance is still manifest :|
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: New MailWasher Pro - First Alert!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am

Really should be posting this in the 2010 forum below, not this one for webserver issues, not many will see it here.

The 2010 forum discusses the way FA works, user reports turned out to be a very bad thing, far too many idiots reporting good mail and messing up the system. The firetrust folks redesigned the whole thing so that it is even more effective and accurate than the version in v6 and it saves the hassle of us sending in reports.

We should be seeing some other reporting options soon, spamcop.net Kunjon and possible user configurable ones.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Sylvanus
Mystified Moa

Re: New MailWasher Pro - First Alert!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Thank you - might have been even worse had the reporting service been free :)

Return to “General Site”