Happy Xmas to Everyone

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Happy Xmas to Everyone

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 pm

With economic meltdowns, a sliding housing market, expected job losses to increase significantly, and the weird rash on the bottom of my foot 2008 has come to a fairly rough conclusion. Still, we should never forget this time of year should focus on our family, our friends, and at least in New Zealand, finally being able to get some sunshine.

Firetrust would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Xmas and New Year.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Happy Xmas to Everyone

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:12 pm

I would like to add my own wishes to one and all. Hoping all will have a safe Xmas and may 2009 bring what you ask for considering the circumstances. :thumbsup

We can't do much about the world situation but what do your feet have to do with that? :wink:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 am

Pierre wrote:We can't do much about the world situation but what do your feet have to do with that? :wink:
Unless it's Reiter's syndrome, in which Rusticbitch might bring the year to an even rougher conclusion :shock:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_arthritis#Causes
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:45 am

OK that was pretty ick.

Still not quite as bad as the gangrenous foot that the NZ govt has decided should be on my tobacco packets....or the cancerous mouth....or the diseased heart....stupid health nazis.
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 pm

rusticdog wrote:Still not quite as bad as the gangrenous foot that the NZ govt has decided should be on my tobacco packets
If you look at who is lined up outside the hospitals in the US, insisting on going outside to smoke regardless of how ill they are or how bad the weather is, it's all the folks with one leg apiece. If looking at their own gangrenous feet didn't stop them...
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm a big fan of others smoking, not only do their tobacco taxes support the school system but they check out early leaving more retirement money in the kitty for me.

On the other hand I'm still pissed at dad who smoked himself to death at 52, leaving mom a widow with teenagers to support. I did learn one thing from watching him though, no way I'm ever gonna die of cancer, stepping in front of a truck before it gets me isn't off the table though.

That aside I hope everyone has a good holiday and next year turns out to be rewarding in some way.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Interesting justaposition of images ... let's see; sick economy, foot rash, cancer, amputations, suicide ... oh and Merry Xmas (are we even allowed to say that?)

Ah screw it ... Merry Christmas to the lot of you. :biggrin
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:10 pm

stan_qaz wrote:On the other hand I'm still pissed at dad who smoked himself to death at 52, leaving mom a widow with teenagers to support. I did learn one thing from watching him though, no way I'm ever gonna die of cancer, stepping in front of a truck before it gets me isn't off the table though.
If I don't get cancer, people are going to wonder if I'm adopted. When everyone gets it, you get used to the idea. You try to avoid the carcinogens (I just wish they'd come out with that rule about "no Chlordane in the kids' bedrooms" before I was born), screen for the cancers that are treatable, and don't worry about the ones that aren't.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Some good news, my rash wasn't a rash at all, it was something I must have stood in.
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:51 am

:yuck You should be used to standing in dodo. :P
LadyLonnie
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:33 pm

It is very cold and windy here tonight. The ice on the driveways and the streets are good enough to skate on...NOT! :roll: It has snowed, but most of it has melted away...the temperature here is about 30 or so. Tomorrow is supposed to be 24 with snow showers. :cry I hate ice and I also hate snow, but I'm stuck living here (mortgage is paid off :biggrin ).
Merry Christmas and have a safe Holiday season.
BTW, I think we need some Holiday smilies. :lol:
Lonnie
MysteryFCM
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Hope you all had a great Christmas :)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:53 pm

We did! :thumbsup It is a bit warm here 'Down Under' - temp is 86F with humidity of 90% with a promise of severe thunderstorms tonite. :lol: :lol: :lol: Having a BBQ again tomorrow. :rant
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Yeap was very good, not quite as warm as had hoped, but still no rain sleet or snow ;)

Currently a nice mild 19 degrees...that's 66 to you foreign folk...so probably have to spend some time in the garden
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Sorry, you can't make me jealous, not at Christmas. Christmas should include hot ovens full of cookies and pies, sitting in front of roaring fires in the fireplace, and early dusk to give more time to enjoy the light displays on people's houses.

Return to “General Site”