Am I being stupid? A rhetorical question

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Old(ish) Mike
Rattled Rabbit

Am I being stupid? A rhetorical question

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 am

Hi I have just rebuilt my laptop following a big crash when I lost everything. Yes I did have backups, yes I did practice restores but I wasn't expecting the backup app to not recognise it's own files on my external hard drive. Ah well, thats life! Anyway, I am gradually recovering and re-installing applications as I go along.

I had MWP 2010 for a week or so prior to the crash, not their fault though. But now I have reloaded it it doesn't seem to run quite the same; In itself not a big hassle but one major annoyance I cannot resolve is, previously, when I selected the files I wanted to download, opened my mail program and dowloaded the emails to my machine, Mailwasher removed them from the list. Now I keep getting the same ones back time and time again. I have set Outlook 2010 to delete files once dowloaded but I still seem to retain the list in MWP for a day or so

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Any help / advice most welcome

Mike

I'm old and grey and some might say
I'm really past my best
But I know things that young uns don't
Like,when it's cold, wear a vest
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Am I being stupid? A rhetorical question

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 am

That isn't really a web server type issue which is what this forum is for, not really a 2010 issue either so probably best asked in the General Tech Help forum.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=31

The answer though is that there is a setting in your mail program for leaving messages on the server once they have been downloaded, you need to tell it not to leave them there but to delete them.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Old(ish) Mike
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Am I being stupid? A rhetorical question

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 am

Stan

Thanks for the reply, I will post in the general area; re you recommendation however, I hve done that and told Outlook to delete from the server; I'll double check but I was prety sure all was well

Mike

Return to “General Site”