Why do I have to LOG-IN every time all of a sudden?

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Why do I have to LOG-IN every time all of a sudden?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 am

FireFox is my default browser. Recently, every time I go to this site I'm asked to log-in? My UID and P/W is pre-filled in, FF saved it, and I do check 'log me in automatically' which is initially unchecked.

I have a desktop link to a specific forum and when I get e-mail that a post was made in a forum I was subscribed to that has a link, using either has this happen.

I don't know why all of a sudden? My computer or the s/w here causing this?

Suggestions?

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Why do I have to LOG-IN every time all of a sudden?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 am

I don't think it is your computer, my systems are doing it too but only for the first visit of the day unless I close Firefox.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 am

Stan,
stan_qaz wrote:I don't think it is your computer, my systems are doing it too but only for the first visit of the day unless I close Firefox.
Good, it isn't always me then <VBG>

I usually will close FF though, so it is more bothersome.

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Might be fixed now, it seems to be working for me after they tweaked a couple things.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 am

stan_qaz wrote:Might be fixed now, it seems to be working for me after they tweaked a couple things.
Well it still is broke for me? I closed FF after I logged in, tried again, same login screen. So I checked the first box, logged in, closed FF, tried again, no deal.

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:47 am

Do you have a tick in the "log me in automatically" box on the logon screen and do you have cookies allowed for the forums? That should be enough to have you let back in without a manual login.
--
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 am

stan_qaz wrote:Do you have a tick in the "log me in automatically" box on the logon screen and do you have cookies allowed for the forums? That should be enough to have you let back in without a manual login.
Stan, yes, and I just booted the system and saw the e-mail and came here, same problem, login prompt, I check 'log me in automatically' as always, and then use previous page to see the message.

I see 3 cookies for FIRETRUST.COM, named _utmz, _utma, and _jsuid. No others?

Wonder if they need to be deleted?

Also, could my ISP be using old data to speed loading? I have Brighthouse and they just released Lightning, which I got, a 40Mbps down/5Mbps up speed, wonder if they could be the cause?

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

Oh, this is INTERESTING...

I opened IE 8 and copied the link from FF, closed FF and then pasted the link into IE. Forum message opened up immediately. I decided to REPLY and put this message in, but I was then asked to LOGIN?

Odd...

Could if be FF only related?

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:02 am

Closed IE and re-opened FF to a different site and pasted in the link for this message. No surprise, LOGIN screen... and I checked the automatic again...

OK, something CLEARLY wrong here (or on my computer)...

With this open in FF (writing message) I opened IE and pasted in the link for this message. IE opened directly too it, BUT I hit RELPY, back to the LOGIN screen...

I'm baffled?

Maybe something has to propagate from down under to some servers I actually use?

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm not sure what is going on, I normally use Firefox and don't have any other browsers that are set up for use so I can't try any other options.

My logging in is working but I'm still getting logged out after some period of inactivity. Have to let rusticdog see if he can see anything on the server side of things.
--
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Still happening!

RusticDog, where are you?

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Horse racing today in New Zealand. I'm thinking it is worse than Cricket as far as getting any of that lot to show up and do any work.

Hopefully rusticdog will win a good bit of money, enough to put him in a good mood BUT not enough for him to quit work or to take an extra months vacation! :snore

They are really goofing off but he put in a bunch of changes that do look to be slowing down the spammers which is good, now they just have to go back and tweak the stuff that got broken like the favicons, local time clock and the logins.
--
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 am

This all good for you now Irv ?
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:50 am

rusticdog wrote:This all good for you now Irv ?
Nope, used the link from e-mail to get here via Firefox, got the sign-in page. Used ROBOFORM to fill-in the login screen, got in, then used the link to view previous page. Got here.

Closed FF and tried again from the e-mail link. SAME THING.

Still not working for me? This is the ONLY site that I normally have to log in that is causing me a problem.

Irv S.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:57 am

You use forum.firetrust.com or forums.firetrust.com as the subdomain ?

Edit : I've also slightly lessened the strength that logs out people, it may help.

Return to “General Site”