Why do I have to LOG-IN every time all of a sudden?

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Why do I have to LOG-IN every time all of a sudden?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 am

rusticdog wrote:You use forum.firetrust.com or forums.firetrust.com as the subdomain ?

Edit : I've also slightly lessened the strength that logs out people, it may help.
Tried again, same results...

The link from the e-mail is "http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 092#p44092" to get to your message.

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 am

Exited and came back, no difference... I do have KEEP ME LOGGING IN checked too. If I keep FF open after I have logged in I do not have to log in again.

Irv S.

EDIT: That should be AUTOMATICALLY LOG ME ON
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:27 am

I suppose maybe try deleting the cookie, it's called phpbb3_n5ipx.

Or wipe all Firetrust forum cookies, it's fairly easy through Firefox under Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Remove Individual Cookies.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 am

rusticdog wrote:I suppose maybe try deleting the cookie, it's called phpbb3_n5ipx.

Or wipe all Firetrust forum cookies, it's fairly easy through Firefox under Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Remove Individual Cookies.
I don't have a phpbb3_n5ipx cookie? I did remove all FIRETRUST and FORUMS.FIRETRUST cookies.

Tried again from the e-mail, same thing. Exited and tried again, same log-in request.

Looked at the cookies, now have some phpbb3_n5ipx ending with _sid, _k, and _u, don't know why I didn't have any before?

I'm going to exit and try this link with IE8, see what happens?

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 am

Same thing under IE8, get the log-in screen, log-in, exit, restart IE8, same problem.

Can't be cookies I guess? Could a be a registry problem?

Irv S.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 am

Both IE8 and Firefox would say to me security software....got anything that might do any web filtering ?
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:31 am

rusticdog wrote:Both IE8 and Firefox would say to me security software....got anything that might do any web filtering ?
Yes, CA's ISS 2010, but it has been on this computer for MONTHS!!!

Hmm, let me back off on that... actually it was UN-INSTALLED and RE-INSTALLED on 10/1. I opened this thread on 11/1 though?

I'm going to turn-off the firewall and see what happens after I post this message. If it still fails, the A/V, if nothing more that to rule them in or out.

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:33 am

CA's F/W disabled and A/V snoozing for 10 minutes. Still have the problem?

W7 H.P. x64, and I guess MS's Defender is still running too? Nope, checked, it is OFF...

What else?

Irv S.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:48 am

That's about all I can think of, to happen on both IE and FF, then I would have thought it must be some kind of third party software.

I suppose you could try creating a dummy user account on the machine, see if it does the same under that user account. If it works OK, then you'd need to look at what programs run on one account but not the other. I assume CA ISS has some kind of web filter as well, might pay to look around beyond the Firewall and AntiVirus settings for anything related to privacy.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:17 am

rusticdog wrote:That's about all I can think of, to happen on both IE and FF, then I would have thought it must be some kind of third party software.

I suppose you could try creating a dummy user account on the machine, see if it does the same under that user account. If it works OK, then you'd need to look at what programs run on one account but not the other. I assume CA ISS has some kind of web filter as well, might pay to look around beyond the Firewall and AntiVirus settings for anything related to privacy.
Seriously doubt it is the ISS? First, it has been on this system for over 6 months. Yes, I did have to un-install it as it was suspect in another problem but it wasn't it and I re-installed it.

I've set CA to give me ALL alerts, and I do see some denied,
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (90.33 KiB) Viewed 14299 times
Can't tell what it is though, same IP address, got me? I would think suspending the F/W would have taken this out of the equation?

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:21 am

OK, it is 'denied access to web bugs'... now where is that set?

Irv S.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 am

AHHH!!!!

Success!!!!

It was hidden under COOKIE PROTECTION which was ON. Can NOT turn EVERYTHING off, it resets to the default. Had to disable that (cookie protection) and it now works fine.

THANK YOU Rustic for putting me on the correct track.

I suspect when I re-installed it was set to defaults and I must have enabled the protection at some point, which did me in? Why only here? Can't answer that?

Irv S.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 am

I'm using forum here.

Is one better than the other?
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

stan_qaz wrote:I'm using forum here.

Is one better than the other?
No, they're the same. But I use forum.firerust.com and if someone sends me a link or whatever that points to forums.firetrust.com I need to logon again. If you then reply under that you get email alerts and other updates for forums.firetrust.com. It doesn't happen often but it means if you end up getting switched between the two you might need to logon again as the security on the server will at times boot you off.

irvsp wrote:AHHH!!!!

Success!!!!

It was hidden under COOKIE PROTECTION which was ON. Can NOT turn EVERYTHING off, it resets to the default. Had to disable that (cookie protection) and it now works fine.

THANK YOU Rustic for putting me on the correct track.

I suspect when I re-installed it was set to defaults and I must have enabled the protection at some point, which did me in? Why only here? Can't answer that?

Irv S.

Great :thumbsup
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

I wiped my firetrust cookies and so far I've been getting back in since without problems.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Site”