Simplify These Forums

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
TomBrooklyn
Mystified Moa

Simplify These Forums

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:09 am

Simplify these forums.

Nobody is going to come here for general computer help. Get rid of General Tech. Help.

Nobody is coming here to chat. Get rid of Chit Chat. Or keep it if you must to give people an outlet.

Move Announcements to the bottom of the board. Those few topics might, repeat might, get read once, by a few people. Why is this forum taking up the best real estate on top?

Ditto, this forum. Put it near the bottom. Let's prioritize correctly.

Drop Freedom Farms and Hall of Shame. Nobody uses them. Nobody cares enough to test their posts here. They want answers to problems. Quickly and efficiently. In and out. Nobody's here to write a book or format a sonnet. Hall of Shame leaves a bad vibe and is bad karma. Don't embarrass people publically.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Simplify These Forums

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:43 pm

It's a fairly stock layout. Announcements need to be at the top I believe as most people coming here don't do so often, so having whatever news relevant to them ought to be in the most noticeable place.

General and Chit Chat are like you say, simply an outlet. I see no reason why they must be removed. At the end of the day if someone is coming here for in and out help, it's one click to get into the forum they require.

Hall of Shame and Freedom farms automatically prune, you say no-one uses them, but I know they do, because I do :)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Simplify These Forums

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

You can always trim them yourself by just going directly to the group that interests you: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=11
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Site”