Lifetime Support

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
Ianeon
Travelling Tuatara

Lifetime Support

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm

I have have just received an E-Mail offering me "lifetime support" for Mailwasher Pro.

I feel that this is a gamble - lol.

It raises various questions: What is Firetrusts definition of "lifetime"
How safe is Firetrust, might it not, one day, become insolvent
How safe am I - I would feel very very sad if I purchased the "lifetime support" and then died shortly afterwards - lol

Then you have the dreadful problem of progress !
What if a better product comes on the market ?
What if the world of E-mail communication changes and they become redundant.

I have been told that you can go to "underground" websites and download illegal copies of MWP which work correctly. So...........

Like I said "This is a gamble"
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Lifetime Support

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

:)

We only added this option from user demand, though for those who share that view then certainly sticking to the yearly fee is probably the better choice.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 am

The "underground website" option is risky, all too many cracked versions of programs offered have some malware included that you really don't want running on your computer.

Also there is the issue of becoming a thief, pirating software is stealing. As an ex-developer of other programs I just can't support doing that to someone else, if I can't afford the program I do without.

Some good answers here too: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9319
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 am

Well, if people use pirated versions, they can hardly complain if Firetrust goes insolvent :facepalm
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:11 am

I still think you folks should toss out a few income producing cracked versions of your own with some nasty payloads buried in them. Since folks have to give MW net access to get it to work the included nasties would be allowed too. With the several day leadtime for anti-virus tools to detect new nasties you could just do a new cracked release every week and stay ahead of most of them.

Several good options to be explored:

Go into a partnership with the Ukrainian group that encrypts your hard drive and sells you the key to unlock it for $50.00.

Go with a harvesting group, collect and sell all the account information and e-mail addresses found on the pirate's computer.

Key logger, grab all the account and password info entered and put it up on the black market for account plunderer's to use.

The crackers are doing it now, you might as well cash in on that market yourselves and upgrade your dinner menu from "it was on special" to a good steak. Once you are as rich as Google you can go to the "Don't be evil" motto but hold off on it until you have your own yacht. If you are evil enough you might even be able to afford a new one, not a second-hand clunker like Larry got.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hand.html

I highly recommend http://www.stanmiller.com (no relation) as a starting place for your shopping. I'm partial to this one myself, http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... lleryachts&
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:05 pm

We got a 20% in unit sales from being a little cheeky a few months ago. It's worth considering again.

http://www.firetrust.com/en/blog/chris/ ... acy-number
Harry_P
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

Is this still available for new users?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 am

For version 6 of MailWasher it is, see the firetrust.com MailWasher pages. Drawback is that v6 is out of development and not being improved or updated for new CPUs or operating systems.

For the 201X versions it is sometimes but you usually need to buy an annual contract until they decide to make the lifetime support option available again. They may or may not ever do that so it is risky. There were a few copies from other resellers that had the lifetime option available, not sure if any are left.
--

Return to “General Site”