2 questions on License and Knujon

Questions or comments related to the website and forums. Please no questions related to MailWasher
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

2 questions on License and Knujon

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 am

Hello,

I am a long-time user of Mailwasher Pro, currently using version 5.2 on a machine running Windows XP, Second Edition.

I have several questions:
  • I am getting another computer today and will be using both. I would like to install MW Pro on the new computer, too. Do I need to purchase a second license to be legitimate?
  • As you can see, on my present computer, I'm using an older version of MW Pro. The reason is that it has that Blue Frog thingy, which I managed to fix up a couple of years ago to report and forward my junk mail to Knujon without downloading it into my email program. That I accomplished with a registry hack, but I no longer have the handy step-by-step instructions. Is it possible to do this on the current version of MW-Pro? Are there step-by-step instructions for this available?
Thanks in advance for any hints anyone can throw my way.

Alan Stancliff
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: 2 questions on License and Knujon

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Alan

No there is need to purchase, feel free to use your existing license for the second computer.

As in the newer versions of MW we removed BlueFrog, there isn't a way to report from those unless you use the SpamCop reporting. So if you don't use SpamCop there is a registry hack to use that for Knujon which is detailed here http://www.knujon.com/sendusspam.html#MailWasher
If you use SpamCop as well and wanted to continue to do so, then just above this registry patch on the Knujon page they mention you can have your SpamCop reports also sent to Knujon

Cheers
Chris
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 pm

rusticdog wrote:Hi Alan

No there is need to purchase, feel free to use your existing license for the second computer.

As in the newer versions of MW we removed BlueFrog, there isn't a way to report from those unless you use the SpamCop reporting. So if you don't use SpamCop there is a registry hack to use that for Knujon which is detailed here http://www.knujon.com/sendusspam.html#MailWasher
If you use SpamCop as well and wanted to continue to do so, then just above this registry patch on the Knujon page they mention you can have your SpamCop reports also sent to Knujon

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris,

I appreciate the feedback. I'll check out that patch

I got a license to the paid version of Mailwasher years ago, when it first became available. This utility is very useful to me, and I've let people know about it over the years.

Alan Stancliff
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks Alan, appreciate your support :)
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:21 pm

rusticdog wrote:Hi Alan

*****SNIP********
Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris,

I have a little gotcha here. When I went to look for my registration number, I found a PDF I'd made of the registration page, and it said this:
  • Here is your Registration Key

******SNIP*********

Cut this key and paste it into the box in the Registration Dialog (accessed by clicking on the registration menu). Note that this key will only work once - if you use it a second time to register unregistered software, the software will unregister the next time it is run. If any situation arises where you would like to use the key a second time, the Registration dialog box (where you enter your key) has a 'I have already paid' button, if you click this then a new key will automatically be emailed to you.
So what should I do now?

Alan Stancliff
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:04 pm

I've emailed you a copy of your registration code to you, instead of the PDF.

Not sure about that message about it de-registering, sounds like lies to me as no such checks are in place, will have to talk to the boss about the wording of that email ;)
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks Chris.

I appreciate that.

Alan Stancliff

Return to “General Site”