Emails not shown in MW after being read on mobile phone

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
ianhaynes
Mystified Moa

Emails not shown in MW after being read on mobile phone

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:04 am

I have an email account set up on my mobile and also on my PC in MW, both as IMAP.

Unread emails on the mobile show in MW but if I open an email on the mobile it then no longer shows in MW but does get picked up by Outlook.

(I should note that if an email is deleted on the phone, it does then show in MW, even if read!).

I can't see any settings that would control this behaviour.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Emails not shown in MW after being read on mobile phone

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:07 am

The quick fix is in MailWasher go into Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> check Download Read EMail >> Save.

That'll then load all the Read messages in the Inbox folder.
Another option could be to set the phone so it does not flag messages as Read, but that would depend on the phone/app and if that's an option at all.
ianhaynes
Mystified Moa

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:19 am

Apologies. I'd look for something like this and hadn't spotted it. DOH!

Many thanks.
rubismith
It begins with a single step

Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:19 pm

Go to Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> check Download Read EMail >> Save in MailWasher to do a quick remedy.

All of the Read messages in the Inbox folder will then load as a result.

A different choice might be to configure the phone so that it does not mark messages as read, although that would depend on the phone or app and whether it is even a choice.

Return to “General Tech. Help”