Updating Issue

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
David Haley
Rattled Rabbit

Updating Issue

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:59 am

Hello,
I'm new to MailWasher and LOVE it! It saves a TON of time not having to add filters manually. Anyway, the purpose of my post is when I try to update MailWasher, rather than simply updating, it wants to do a complete reinstall. I went to the folder and noticed the folder was named "Update712188," and inside the folder was: "mailwasher_pro_setup_7_12_188_free". Am I doing something wrong?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Dave
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Updating Issue

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:49 am

Hi Dave,
Yes, when MW updates it will be like a normal installation, it installs the latest version over top of your current version, settings etc will be retained.

Note that yes, the latest version on our site is 7.12.188
David Haley
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Updating Issue

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:24 pm

gingbat wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:49 am
Hi Dave,
Yes, when MW updates it will be like a normal installation, it installs the latest version over top of your current version, settings etc will be retained.

Note that yes, the latest version on our site is 7.12.188
GREAT! Thanks for the response. I sure do wish I had found MailWasher about 10 years ago! Sure would have saved me a lot of hair on top of my head...lol

Return to “General Tech. Help”