Comcast email - ????????

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
Echo
Student Sheep

Comcast email - ????????

Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:26 pm

I am SO FREAKING FRUSTRATED!

I have spent an hour trying to download my comcast/xfinity email into MailWasher Pro (latest date). I have this configuration, which says connection successful:

Aw crap are you telling me I can't paste the image here? ::SHRIEKS in frustration::

Fine. I have managed to find at least one configuration in Settings that says "Connection successful." BUT IT STILL WON'T DOWNLOAD THE EMAIL! What the HELL is wrong with this thing? Does anyone else have email through Comcast or Xfinity who can get this bloody program to download it so I can work with it? I have approximately 3500 emails on their server and MailWasher is absolutely the fastest way to cull the crap - IF I could download the stuff in the first place.

By the way, I have two other email accounts that work just fine. I cleaned approximately 3,267 unwanted emails out of one of them in less than 2 hours last night.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Comcast email - ????????

Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:03 am

Please log into your comcast webmail page (which will also confirm that the password you are using in MW is indeed correct) and ensure that the below box is checked first:

imap-comcast.png
imap-comcast.png (244.61 KiB) Viewed 536 times

If no better, please ensure your incoming settings for your comcast account look like the below in MW:

comcast.png
comcast.png (40.21 KiB) Viewed 536 times

How'd that go?

Return to “General Tech. Help”