Importing Blacklists & Filter in Trial day 3 MW 2011?

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
mabecorp
It begins with a single step

Importing Blacklists & Filter in Trial day 3 MW 2011?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 am

Please help, I am on day 3 of my trial version and like the software so far, but I really need to get those fetures working before I buy it.

I have done my forum searches, and read about 2 hours worth of info, but I couldn't locate any instructions on how to make the "import" blacklist work other than on "http://www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html " with an article called "How to import a blacklist (Settings > Blacklist) in MWP? " The info there is extremely interesting but didn't work for my Vista, Windows Mail, WM 2011 setup.

I followed the instructions in the WM 2011 software "help" where it gave generic info about blacklisting, but not about importing.

So what happens is that I can add indiviual blacklist entries but I already have a huge blacklist in win mail (vista). How can I import it in. When I press the import button, it does depress, but then does nothing.

Please help, I am on day 3 of my trial version and like the software so far, but I really need to get those fetures working before I buy it.

thanks

~M
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Importing Blacklists & Filter in Trial day 3 MW 2011?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 am

This is a MW question and should be in the MW 2011 forum not here:
General Tech. Help
Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
If your blacklist is in the default location for the v6 blacklist the import button should be grabbing it. If you have MW v6 in a non-default location try putting a copy of the blacklist.txt file in the default MW 6 directory.

The best way to move filters across is to open up both programs and do a copy/paste from v6 to 2011, there is a filter importer program mentioned in the 2011 forum that a user contributed and you can always open up two text editors and do a copy/paste between them and then edit the data to be in the 2011 xml format, not too hard if you use something like notepad++ and understand basic xml. There are minor differences in the regex engines that you will have to watch for and edit your regex if one pops up as a problem.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Tech. Help”