Cannot connect to gmail with new 7.7.0

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
wemahaffey
Rattled Rabbit

Cannot connect to gmail with new 7.7.0

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:08 am

I have just received my 7.7.0 version. The email account I had loaded for the previous version would not connect to the gmail server. I deleted the account. I then let Mail Washer search for accounts. I selected on for the correct email address. Sill get the error message "Failed to connect to server". I can use Google Chrome to connect to Gmail using my current password. That password seems to not work with Mail Washer. Each time I try to connect to gmail with Mail Washer I continue to get the error "Failed to connect to server". I am at my wits end. Any one have any Ideas as to how to fix my problem?

Thanks,

Bill
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Cannot connect to gmail with new 7.7.0

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:33 pm

You may want to take a look at the graphic illustration at the following link for the Gmail server (POP3) configurations:—
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “General Tech. Help”