Help required in setting up Outlook 2016

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Help required in setting up Outlook 2016

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm in the process of migrating from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2016 but it is a bloody nightmare!

I have plenty of website addresses which I send mail using 2 addresses on my ISP account (orange). Each account has a reply address linked to the site in question. For example, I send mail via orange.fr but receive replies via soeks.fr. Mail sent to the soeks.fr address gets redirected to the orange.fr address. As I have several websites, I have several addresses all of which have mail redirected to an orange.fr address. This has always worked in Outlook 2007 but Outlook 2016 categorically refuses to allow me to use a login address (orange) more than once.

It seems to me that it would have been no problem if MS had stuck with the option to manually setup each account as with previous versions of Outlook but this new version wants to automate setup and consequently ruins everything. I should add that I selected the advanced option to manually setup the account every time and the result was the same ... "The account ********@orange.fr already exists".

I'm at my wits end trying to find a work around to this nonsense. Surely I can't be the only person using multiple mail accounts that redirect to a single mail account?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Help required in setting up Outlook 2016

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:12 am

Elektra wrote:It seems to me that it would have been no problem if MS had stuck with the option to manually setup each account as with previous versions of Outlook but this new version wants to automate setup and consequently ruins everything.
Personally, I don't use this client for my e-mail requirements — but, my copy seems to possess the option you seek (not sure though, whether it is related to the Edition — I'm running Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016.)
Manual_Setup__(Outlook_Professional_Plus_2016).png
Manual_Setup__(Outlook_Professional_Plus_2016).png (18.9 KiB) Viewed 8968 times
[/center]
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Elektra
Active Albatross

Re: Help required in setting up Outlook 2016

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:14 am

I also have Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 but mine is the latest version so it has probably changed. This is the account setup screen I get with my version:
outlook_setup.jpg
outlook_setup.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 8964 times

Return to “General Tech. Help”