MailWasher Pro deleting emails without permission

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
troymedia
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher Pro deleting emails without permission

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:16 am

Every now and then MWPro deletes emails marked as Friend or Good, even though they haven't been marked for deletion.
How do I fix this, or is it a bug?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MailWasher Pro deleting emails without permission

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi there

Sounds odd, is the account setup as POP or IMAP under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming.

There is an option below that if you click Advanced, Store Cached Emails, is that checked ?
troymedia
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:53 pm

IMAP.
Where would I find Advanced, Store Cached Emails in Settings? I am not sure to what "an option below" refers to.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:54 pm

OK, in Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> there is an option just below your logon details, Store Cached Emails, is that checked ?
troymedia
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Yes it is. But the box is greyed out so you can't unselect or select it. Is that the way it is supposed to be?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:27 pm

troymedia wrote:Yes it is. But the box is greyed out so you can't unselect or select it. Is that the way it is supposed to be?
OK sure thing. Try switching the account to type POP >> Save >> uncheck the option and set back to IMAP >> Save.
If that doesn't work, I would recommend you delete the account >> restart MailWasher and add the account back in, you can uncheck that option when the account type is set as POP.
troymedia
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:46 pm

OK. Followed your instructions. Now the Store Cached Emails option is unchecked for all IMAP accounts.
Will test and get back to you if the problem persists.

Return to “General Tech. Help”