Deleting Unread EMail Marked as Spam Before it is downloaded

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
jmbcomms
Rattled Rabbit

Deleting Unread EMail Marked as Spam Before it is downloaded

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am

How do I make MWP do this? I started using the program a few days ago but Thunderbird is still downloading junk. I want MWP to detect junk on the server and after I verify that it's junk, I want it removed from the server so I don't deal with it again. Otherwise the exercise is pointless. Thx

Jeff B, CEO, JMB Communications
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Deleting Unread EMail Marked as Spam Before it is downloaded

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:12 pm

jmbcomms wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am
How do I make MWP do this? I started using the program a few days ago but Thunderbird is still downloading junk. I want MWP to detect junk on the server and after I verify that it's junk, I want it removed from the server so I don't deal with it again. Otherwise the exercise is pointless. Thx

Jeff B, CEO, JMB Communications
Is your ThunderBIrd using POP or IMAP to access the account ? It sounds like it's set to retrieve emails automatically, so it will bring in the emails before you get a chance to delete in MailWasher, so we just need to disable that. Method depends on how the emails are accesses as above.

Cheers

Return to “General Tech. Help”