MailWasher not automatically deleting emails

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
Joe727
It begins with a single step

MailWasher not automatically deleting emails

Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

Howdy,

I am new to the forum but have been using MailWasher for a long time. I just updated one of my PCs from Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Now, I realize the version of Mailwasher I am using is old, but it still works great and fits my current needs. It is version 6.5.4. I am running it in compatibility mode. It has been quite a long time since I installed MailWasher and I am cannot remember which setting accomplished this:

After I download and read my email on Windows Live Mail, Mailwasher used to automatically delete those downloaded emails from MailWasher when I clicked Process Mail. However, it no longer accomplishes that task. I have to highlight all of the emails in Mailwasher and press C in order to delete the emails from MailWasher.

Question: What setting on MailWasher do I activate in order to delete these emails automatically when I press Process Mail?

Thank you for providing any assistance you can offer.

Joe
P.S. I expect to get responses stating I need to upgrade MailWasher. Thank you in advance for that particular advice. However, I would like to give modifying the current version I have first, in order to accomplish the actual task I am requesting help with.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MailWasher not automatically deleting emails

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:13 am

Hi Joe

It sounds like MailWasher needs to hit a regular timed Check Mail. Instead of pressing C, if you do another Check Mail in MailWasher, do those messages then remove from view ?

Return to “General Tech. Help”