icloud email addresses

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
wombat
Travelling Tuatara

icloud email addresses

Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 am

Hi guys,
How can i get emails from a friend that uses icloud for his emails to show in MWP 7.12.29 ?
His emails always come in on my iphone (no MWP installed) not my ipad, laptop, or desktop computers.
wombat (Ron)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: icloud email addresses

Sun May 17, 2020 10:50 am

Hi Ron

That sounds unusual.
So he is sending from his icloud address to your Hotmail account, and you just cannot see those messages on the other devices. Or do you have another address he is sending to, that might not be setup on those devices but setup on the iPhone ?
wombat
Travelling Tuatara

Sun May 17, 2020 10:56 am

WOW cant complain about that service, 5 mins after posting and here you are with a reply, thanks for the quick reply.

I am not that tech savvy, no , sorry I maybe did not explain it correctly, his emails come on my iphone, but i want them to come in through MWP on my laptop, is that possible?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun May 17, 2020 11:33 am

I see no reason why not. Your iPhone will be setup to check the emails, and so no reason MailWasher cannot do the same.

The question however, is why this is not happening already.

One option, is the email address/account you have setup on your phone is different than the one setup in MailWasher. For example, is he sending these emails to an iCloud address of yours, that isn't setup in MailWasher.

Another option, is that MailWasher is checking the same email account as the phone, but for some reason just not seeing these messages from this particular person.

When they send you messages on your phone, do you know what email address they are sending them to ?
wombat
Travelling Tuatara

Sun May 17, 2020 11:42 am

I do have an icloud email and he is sending to that one but I do not have his or my icloud account setup in MWP can i do that ?

looks like he just replies to my emails from my Hotmail account, but when he sends a email from his icloud account and does not reply it goes through icloud i think that is what is happening
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun May 17, 2020 11:56 am

Great. Setting up the iCloud address in MailWasher should do the trick.

Settings >> Accounts >> click Add Account >> enter a description for the account and your iCloud email address >> Save >> MailWasher should then move to the Incoming settings where you need to enter your iCloud password >> Save >> assuming the password entered works, MailWasher will then move to the Outgoing settings >> click Advanced >> select the option 'SMTP server requires authentication' >> change the port number to 587 and set Secure Connection to TLS >> Save.

By default, for the iCloud account MailWasher will only load messages Unread for the last 7 days. If you want to change this you can do so under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced.
For example, when you read a message on your phone, that will tag it as Read and MailWasher will no longer load it.

There's an option for loading Read email, and also another option to choose a longer date range for emails.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun May 17, 2020 11:58 am

If you need them also, the email settings for iCloud accounts can be seen here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
wombat
Travelling Tuatara

Sun May 17, 2020 12:00 pm

thank for your help, will do that later as I must get in the shower, we have visitors coming today, will get back to you here later today
wombat
Travelling Tuatara

Sun May 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Thanks that did the trick
I could not change the 7 days but not a problem, I have printed your instructions, once again thank you for your help
Ron

Return to “General Tech. Help”