Mailwasher pro not bouncing anymore after many years, did you try if this happent to you too?

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
sammy777
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher pro not bouncing anymore after many years, did you try if this happent to you too?

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Googd morning,

I have been using MailWasher for more than a decade, several releases and always worked fine. In the last 3 months I saw that the bounce doest work anymore like before. The message "undeliverable message" and the email back doesn't arrive anymore. I tried with several accounts and altough mailwasher said it was sending the bounce but nothing arrived back to the sender. I tried to upgrade to the latest release, same thing. I tried many different settings for the Smtp. It seems that it could be a new release of Window? I did not touch any settings in the last year before realizing this
I tried different other setting for the smtp that is used to bounce but it is always the same. Have you ever tried to check this out and see if it is still working for you too? I searched on the web and I saw that other people had the same issue in the last months!
Please verify.
Pease help, it is important for me to have such thing.

Thank you for your precious time.
Sammy
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher pro not bouncing anymore after many years, did you try if this happent to you too?

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi Sammy

It's possible your ISP is filtering these messages and not delivering them, this is becoming more common as email providers are implementing tougher restrictions on sending email.

The bounce feature these days is only useful when trying to make it seem like your email address does not exist to people you know/legitimate senders. It's not an antispam tool any more.

Cheers
sammy777
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Mailwasher pro not bouncing anymore after many years, did you try if this happent to you too?

Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 pm

thanks for your answer.
It gives me SSL error when I access to my account, time ago I was still able to access the account via IMAP now it doesn't allow me even to read. Mail and old certificate?
About bouncing: Time ago I was still able to receive as I said before and I was able to bounce only putting another account smtp and Id and password. As a result I was sending the bounce with another email but the message was the same.
Now I cannot even access to the account as it says SSL error when access to IMAP. I searched and I found it could be many reason, my guess is that the old certificate that I still have somewhere that block the access and also if I install the new release it keeps beign blocked.
thanks anyway for your help.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:30 pm

So MailWasher is unable to check the account for messages ?

Is this the Runbox account ?
Check the settings against the email providers recommended settings, should work
https://help.runbox.com/email-program-settings/

Also Runbox looks like they still support non SSL connections, so you could try not using SSL in MailWasher on port 143 for IMAP, or 110 for POP.
sammy777
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello RusticDog, you are very kind!
yes it is Runbox. I was finally able to receive the emails but still have issues with the smtp.
I just submitted a ticket and we will see what they say.
Thank you again and have a beautiful day there!
Sammy
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Great, your SMTP settings in MailWasher should look like the attached.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 8827 times
sammy777
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:16 pm

I tried , but I already tried that combination, it doesn't work .
no bouncing
I sent everything to Runbox , we will see what they say.
Thank you

Return to “General Tech. Help”