Mailwasher Pro not washing.

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
mabn
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher Pro not washing.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 am

I just rebuilt my computer. Mailwasher isn't working as it use to.

1) Mailwasher doesn't remember email marked as good and the Spam Tools side bar shows the emails Overall Score a zero.
2) Mailwasher isn't filtering Blacklisted addresses regardless if I am using Wildcards or not. ie: *@*.cam, *@eriyogiy.cam, admin@homp.ideatreyl.com.

Mailwasher is identifying email addresses in the friends list as friends.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher Pro not washing.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi there

So if you load MailWasher, mark some emails as Good and hit Wash Mail (doesn't matter if you don't delete anything) >> restart MailWasher >> do these same emails you marked as Good correctly mark themselves, or still showing as Unknown ?
If Unknown, do you run any kind of cleanup software like AutoTune ?

For the Blacklisted addresses, I would try first removing the one you have, and add it back ensuring that Wildcard Expression is checked, then adding *@*.cam
If you add an entry like the above, but not check the wildcard expression option, MailWasher will treat that as a specific email address.
mabn
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:57 am

Clicking on "Wash Mail" did the trick. Mailwasher is now learning.

I deleted all email addresses using wildcards and re-entered them being sure Wildcard Expression is checked. I am still getting a lot of spam slipping through t to Outlook. Also, there are quite a few emails that show up in Outlook but not in Mailwasher.
Any ideas?
Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 am

What version Outlook do you have ? And do you know if your accounts are setup in Outlook as POP or IMAP ?
mabn
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:21 pm

I have the latest version of Outlook 365 and email is set up as IMAP.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 pm

Outlook when using IMAP automatically synchs with the account, so as soon as an email arrives on the server Outlook will bring in the message and notify you. Though they should still show in MailWasher if you do a Check Mail as it will be sitting in the Inbox. With MailWasher checking every xx minutes, you could be seeing Outlook bring in the message immediately and MailWasher has not yet done it's regularly timed check.

Sadly Outlook has poor options when it comes to IMAP, so you aren't able to change this behaviour of automatic notifications unless you set it to Work Offline. If you aren't adverse to trying another email program, then ThunderBird is free and has more options allowing you to set the email program to only bring in the emails when you tell it to.

Return to “General Tech. Help”