E-mails

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
raysan92
Rattled Rabbit

E-mails

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:22 am

I send daily e-mails to multiple addresses. Is there a setting that I can use so it will not show the list of people I send it to. I use outlook express on my window xp
Thanks Ray
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Re: E-mails

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:55 am

Most (all?) email clients include a blind copy (BCC) facility which sends msgs without including the recipient address(es) in the header. It's a good way of preventing propagation of email addresses to folks you don't know. In fact it's a good idea to delete any email addresses from msgs you may receive and wish to forward to your friends. Though you know your friends and are confident they would not misuse the addresses they receive, perhaps someone down the line doesn't have as much integrity.

[Edited to fix acromym]
Last edited by Ikeb on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: E-mails

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:14 pm

yeap, BCC...

By default Outlook Express doesn't show this field, so I think you just click View >> 'Show BCC Field' in Outlook Express, and you will then see this each time you go to send an email

Return to “General Tech. Help”