Outllook Express Sub-folders

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
rinaysdad
Rattled Rabbit

Outllook Express Sub-folders

Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,

When I downloaded the latest version of MailWasher all the Sub-folders in my Outlook Express program disappeared. I spent quite a long time recovering and re-entering them but the next time I accessed Outlook Express from MailWasher they had disappeared again. I have started saving the emails I want to keep in a Document folder but this is not very satisfactory.
Can you please throw any light on this problem and suggest how I can overcome it.

Thanks,

Kevin Bryson.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Outllook Express Sub-folders

Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi Kevin

Does this only happen when MailWasher opens Outlook Express ?

I'm thinking perhaps when Outlook Express is triggered, it might be opening under a different profile. If you go to your regular Outlook Express shortcut >> right click this and select Properties >> copy everything listed in the Target field and then close this dialog >> then go into MailWasher >> Settings >> General Options >> beside Launch email application after processing click Specify >> select Specify a mail client command and in the text field provided paste that Target command previously copied.

Hopefully that solves any issues

Cheers
rinaysdad
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Outllook Express Sub-folders

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 am

This solved the problem - many thanks.

Return to “General Tech. Help”