Everytime I wash mail, a new instance of Outlook opens.

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
walterbl
It begins with a single step

Everytime I wash mail, a new instance of Outlook opens.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:43 pm

This only started recently. Before, when I would wash mail, the screen would just switch to the Outlook screen. Now, it opens a new instance of Outlook each time instead. If I'm not careful, I'll have a dozen or so instances of Outlook open at once. I'm on Windows 11, my version of Outlook is via Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 and Mailwasher is the latest version. All settings are set as they've been all along. Not sure where the hiccup is happening. Anyone have any ideas?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Everytime I wash mail, a new instance of Outlook opens.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:29 pm

Try going into Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> select to use Other Application in the drop down and manually locate the location of your Outlook.exe file.
It most likely is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\outlook.exe

Then once selected, add a space and /recycle to the end of the command >> Save. Try opening multiple copies.

You can also try copying/pasting the below, which is the full command with the tag already set.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\outlook.exe" /recycle
alexis90
Mystified Moa

Re: Everytime I wash mail, a new instance of Outlook opens.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:26 am

A friend of mine had a similar issue, and wasn't able to find a fix anywhere online. Could you update as to whether you tried this and if it worked?

Return to “General Tech. Help”