Cannot restore deleted message

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
deramon
Student Sheep

Cannot restore deleted message

Mon May 01, 2023 6:34 am

I had a couple of messages that software deleted. Each time I try and restore them it does not work. I don't see much of an error message.
One message was a software order with a download link.
Now I am having a problem reaching the seller.

Any setting that could be the issue?
My hosting company (they run the email server) is A2Hosting.

Thank you
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Cannot restore deleted message

Mon May 01, 2023 9:54 am

Yes, usually no problems with support, can you please pm me the email address you used for contact and I'll see if your emails are reaching us?

Re the problem, firstly, note that in the 7.xx version, MWPro uses the settings from the email account you deleted the email from, not those within any email client.......

----------
Also, note that you can click an email in the recycle bin, then click "Forward" (just above the preview pane) and forward it to yourself, this does not use the settings in MW, but your actual email program installed on your PC, if you cannot see the preview pane, click View>>Preview pane.
----------

....so, please check these settings are correct under, Settings>>Accounts, click your account, click the "Outgoing" tab, and check the settings.

NOTE: you can get settings for most ISP's (not personal domains) here: http://www.emailsettings.email/

Also, ensure that your antivirus programs email scanner is not preventing MW's outgoing mail there, (you can disable the outgoing mail scanner if you wish, as the antivirus programs real time scanner will scan all mail anyway).

Check that the firewall is not stopping outgoing mail from MWPro also.

If all appears fine for all your accounts and security software, please try restoring again, when you get the error, (or no mail appears) could you please send us your logs there.

- Click Help>>Send Support Logs.
- Type: Jeremy into the: "Have a ticket number?" field.
- Click "Send Logs"

Also, email me back to let me know when you have sent these, as sometimes they don't make it here when having restore issues....

Return to “General Tech. Help”