Is there a way to color code email account messages?

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
Cindy62707
Student Sheep

Is there a way to color code email account messages?

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 am

I was thinking that there was a way to color code email messages in MWP so that if I am checking 4 email addresses I would have 4 different colors assigned to each account. The only thing I can find is to change color of the read and not read emails but it would be the same for all 4 email accounts.

Thank you,
Cindy
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Is there a way to color code email account messages?

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:29 am

You could do individual filters for each account, set them to different colors.

The new version down in the mailwasher section of the forum will let you group your accounts together, it might be worth a try and will work alongside your current MW with no problems.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Cindy62707
Student Sheep

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi Stan,

I checked and I do have the latest version of MWP 6.5.4 but I can't seem to find the grouping method you talked about. Can I group by email account and then by date within each group?

thanks,
Cindy
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

I think Stan may be referring to the Beta version.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
Cindy62707
Student Sheep

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I'd love to play with the Beta version but just don't have a lot of time to work out bugs if there are any right now. It sure would be a good place to be able to give suggestions early on though! :D :rainbow
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Do like most of the folks playing with the beta do and run it along side the released version so if you hit a glitch you just report it and go back to using the release version until the bugfix is out. I'm finding the beta is working well enough that I use it for most mail processing and rarely have to drop back to the release version.

You can group by account but not by date, you have a limited number of accounts so it makes sense to group using them but most every message has a unique time so you'd have a group for every individual message, not useful. What you can do is group by account and then sort by date which is much more useful.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Tech. Help”