Disappearing e-mails on EVO

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
kentpavelka
Rattled Rabbit

Disappearing e-mails on EVO

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:36 am

Out of the blue, I have started to have e-mails disappear on my HTC EVO. I've exhaustively looked at the settings on the EVO and in Outlook. Now, I suspect perhaps a setting in Mailwasher Pro 6.51 may be the problem! The e-mails on the EVO seem to go away after I have successfully downloaded and viewed in Outlook and on the handheld. They disappear on the EVO after I then mark, and execute, all e-mails for deletion in Mailwasher.

Any ideas??
kentpavelka
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Disappearing e-mails on EVO

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:43 am

By the way, this started happening after I installed K-9 e-mail client on the EVO. However, I have gone back to using the standard EVO e-mail program. Having same problem with both programs. Wondering if maybe I should uninstall K-9.

Repeating though, it seems to be connected to deleting messages from Mailwasher after they have been successfully downloaded & viewed.
kentpavelka
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 am

Just sent an e-mail from one of my pop accounts to my gmail account. Allowed it to pass through Mailwasher ...downloaded and viewed it in Gmail on PC. Then, marked it for deletion in Mailwasher...ran it through....and it disappeared in Gmail on PC. Solidifies my suspicion it's a Mailwasher setting...not an issue with EVO, Outlook, Gmail.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 am

This might fit better in the MailWasher v5 v6 forum, more MW users will see it there.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Tech. Help”