OE times out on larger emails; MW duplicates...

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
nickeaston
Student Sheep

OE times out on larger emails; MW duplicates...

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

OE times out on some larger (+1m) emails and/or attachments; MW doesn't clear, from its Inbox files, already downloaded into OE. Closing OE and reWashing MW causes multiple copies of files already in OE to be downloaded again. I sometimes have a half-dozen multiples of 50 or 100 emails before I can get completion. Then I have to delete the duplicates...

This happened in previous MW versions also--I don't think it's directly an MW problem except that MW isn't smart enough to NOT overwrite emails already in OE Inbox, thereby producing unwanted dupes.

Since I intend to stick with XP for a while longer, I'm wondering if Microsoft Live Mail for XP might give better results on large email files...

OE6/WXPPro/SP3... MW10
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: OE times out on larger emails; MW duplicates...

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am

nickeaston wrote:OE times out on some larger (+1m) emails and/or attachments; MW doesn't clear, from its Inbox files, already downloaded into OE. Closing OE and reWashing MW causes multiple copies of files already in OE to be downloaded again. I sometimes have a half-dozen multiples of 50 or 100 emails before I can get completion. Then I have to delete the duplicates...

This happened in previous MW versions also--I don't think it's directly an MW problem except that MW isn't smart enough to NOT overwrite emails already in OE Inbox, thereby producing unwanted dupes.
MW is not smart enough to write an e-mail to your inbox, it isn't capable of doing that. MW simply looks at the server, shows you the mail there and allows you to delete some of it, nothing more.
Since I intend to stick with XP for a while longer, I'm wondering if Microsoft Live Mail for XP might give better results on large email files...

OE6/WXPPro/SP3... MW10
No way I'm trusting any of my e-mail to a Microsoft product so you are on your own there. You could increase the timeout in whatever you use and see if that helps any though.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Tech. Help”