Allow email?

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
fatfenders
It begins with a single step

Allow email?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:11 am

Just now evaluating (free) Mailwasher on my XP - OE system. Here is my question...
1. A 'test' mail was correctly filtered out.
2. I click 'Good' under Action'. Status shows 'friend'. (I can right click and reply in OE. but I want to xfer it into my OE inbox)
3. When I click send/recv in OE I want it to load into my inbox but it does not.

Is MW working correctly? How do I get a mail that I have (auto) disallowed, then (manually) allowed, to load into my OE inbox?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Allow email?

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:25 am

MW has no impact on your e-mail program, it is not a filter like an anti-virus program. MW gives you a safe look at the mail on your server, allows you to delete the unwanted stuff and then it will optionally start your e-mail program for you. Your e-mail program is as it was before you started using MW responsible for fetching your mail from the server.

If you check mail in MW it will show you all the mail on your server, once you have marked your messages as needed you press wash mail to delete the spam and optionally open your mail program. In your mail program you push it's check mail button to fetch the mail that MW has not deleted for you.

If MW is showing a message on your server that your mail program is not showing the likely situation is that your mail program has gotten that message but is moving it to a different folder or auto-deleting it.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “General Tech. Help”