Hide Friends List Messages

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
pearceww
Rattled Rabbit

Hide Friends List Messages

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 am

Hi,

I have Mailwasher Pro 2011 Version 2011.140 on a Windows XP computer with all XP updates installed. I also have Mailwasher version 6.5.4.

Mailwasher version 6.5.4 can be configured to show only E-mails that are not on my Friends List. As I typically receive over 100 E-mails per day and a lot of them are discussion groups I am a member of as well as lots of spam messages, the capability of Mailwasher to show only messages not on my Friends List is an important capability.

Version 2011.140 has a selection in the Settings, Spam Tools, Options, to select “Hide All” or “Only Hide if not marked for delete”. If I select “Only Hide if not marked for delete” or “Hide All”, I see all the messages that are on my Friends List.

I wish there was a way for Mailwasher Pro 2011 to show only the messages that are not on my Friends List. That simplifies checking for messages that should or should not be deleted.

WWP
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Hide Friends List Messages

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 am

There is, several people have discussed how to do it in the MW 2011 forum http://forum.firetrust.com/viewforum.php?f=50 at least you didn't ask about "Midget discrimination" that topic is forbidden here! :-)

To save you looking for it, create a filter, add a spam tool rule - friends, under the filter options pick hide all.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Chit Chat”