NO SPAM!

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
tynygongl
Rattled Rabbit

NO SPAM!

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

For the last 48 hours I have not received one spam email. Usually I receive about a 100.

This is of course absolutely great but it leaves me asking a couple of questions:

1/ How is this possible? and

2/ Who has managed to do this?

My ISP is Homecall and I am based in North Wales UK. :?:
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: NO SPAM!

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 am

That kind of change is scary, it usually comes from your ISP turning on some aggressive spam filtering. The problem is that the ISP filters usually toss out a lot of good mail with the spam and don't have the flexibility to deal with your personal incoming mail.

About all you can do is contact your ISP and see if they are filtering and if you can bypass the filters.
tynygongl
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks Stan. You`re right it is scary and I`ve wondered if what you`ve described is happening. I`ve had a look on my ISP website and logged into my webmail to see if the spam was up there and it wasn`t. So I was just trying to work out my next move. I`ll put the question to them and post the answer on this forum. 8)
tynygongl
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

Logged into my broadband account on the Homecall site and found that an anti-virus filter had been activated, this automatically also cuts out ALL SPAM. I have de-activated the filter.

Thanks again Stan for your helpful advice. :D

Return to “Chit Chat”