My trip to the Dentist....

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: My trip to the Dentist....

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:54 pm

OK now, how on earth does this happen.

Me and rusticbitch decided not to go out tonight and stayed in, which is very unusual for a Friday.....now usually when we go we take my car and taxi home, when the car is home I park on the street. About an hour ago I heard a big bang, went outside to see my car shunted about 10m forward and the boot about a foot shorter, a 90 or 91 Holden Commodore Executive was a bit behind my car with both it's front and back caved in, and a third car was facing the wrong way on the street with it's front all smashed up, air bags blown, and some dazed doris being attended to by a passerby.

As it turns out she was diabetic, I overheard the Ambulance guy say her sugar levels were at 1.1, she'd driven straight into the back of the Commodore, which then went into mine. Both the Commodore and my car were parked up.

If there's any justice in the world the car will be a write off.....

Goodbye little Subaru, although I didn't name you, didn't wash you, didn't take pictures of you, and left half drunk juices, half eaten pies lying around inside you......you will be missed.

Pic of (the hopefuly now written off) car......if I had taken a pic.

Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:23 am

It has definitely not been your week. First a missing ctrl key, then a pulled tooth and now this. :(

A sugar reading of 1.1 is very low. She obviously passed out with that. I get the shakes when I get down to 3.2 and have to hit the jelly beans to get it back up. Normal should be between 6 and 10. Just took mine and it is 9.7. Now off to :snore :snore . I"ll fix MW tomorrow.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 am

lol, in the US, we use metric for medical measures, but measure sugar in grams instead of moles. So a normal sugar would be above 60mg/dl. 1.1 is so low, we sure wouldn't be quibbling about the tenths.

Of course, we'd consider 6-10 mmol/l quite high. Fasting for a non-diabetic should be 3.3 to 5.5. Fasting sugars above that and you're going to be considered high risk for developing diabetes; above 7.3 on two fasting tests would meet the definition of diabetes.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:04 am

Pierre wrote:It has definitely not been your week. First a missing ctrl key, then a pulled tooth and now this. :(

A sugar reading of 1.1 is very low. She obviously passed out with that. I get the shakes when I get down to 3.2 and have to hit the jelly beans to get it back up. Normal should be between 6 and 10. Just took mine and it is 9.7. Now off to :snore :snore . I"ll fix MW tomorrow.
Well no, there's been better weeks....we haven't even talked about rusticbitches work going bust either :thumbsdown
Maybe my humour is slightly twisted, but it was Halloween night when this crash happened. That's what happens when you give away all your candy I guess, not that in NZ we really care about it, for most folk it's what creative way can I keep kids from coming to the door.

Hopefully she doesn't remember much, the owner of the Commodore was :rant :rant :rant ....people across the street (and we are talking 4 lanes) were telling him to calm down. Wasn't aware of the blood sugars then, thought might have been drunk.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:12 am

I think I found a keyboard for you.
Supercoder.jpg
coder keyboard
Supercoder.jpg (28.98 KiB) Viewed 13078 times
It sounds like the time for an inspirational poster for your wall too...
Backup_Plans.jpg
backup plan
Backup_Plans.jpg (60.27 KiB) Viewed 13078 times
Hope next week is less exciting!
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:18 am

stan_qaz wrote:Hope next week is less exciting!
I love the backup plan :)

I've been on a whole Karma thing lately, I behaved poorly to someone else who had been putting something off for months, and Karma stuck me back by infecting my tooth, as I'd been putting off going to the Dentist for a few months as well. That was pretty sudden, both those situations happened in the space of a few hours.

Not sure what's going on now though.

Think will stay indoors for the next 24 hours, fire up the Xbox and blow some shit up :thumbsup
Alien
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 pm

rusticdog wrote:Maybe my humour is slightly twisted, but it was Halloween night when this crash happened. That's what happens when you give away all your candy I guess, not that in NZ we really care about it, for most folk it's what creative way can I keep kids from coming to the door.
High pressure water hose? :twisted:
No crops were circled, or animals mutilated in the making of this sig.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:47 pm

Well as it turned out, there's no better way to keep kids away from your door than 3 smashed up cars, some cops, an ambulance and a tow truck. If my car does get written off, then I'll take that as a Win-Win as that car was guzzling the gas. Prices have dropped a bit lately, but I have been thinking about getting something a bit more sensible.

If it is, I'll send the lady a nice gift basket, maybe include some Barley Sugars :)
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:22 pm

Well, so that was a weekend you will not forget for a while. If you are interested what I did here is a short tale.

MailWasher had stopped blinking, no sound and no retrieval of deleted emails from the recycle bin etc. :crazy

It is now all working and using less disk space. If you want to know how I fixed it you "will have to ask nicely" as uttered by Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men". :bow :bow

rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Got car back on Monday, bastards fixed it instead....
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:20 pm

I'll send the lady a nice gift basket, maybe include some Barley Sugars
Better get a refund on these then. :wink:

stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 pm

Go over it carefully and make sure they got everything sealed well and the wheels are aligned, make them take it back and get it right.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 am

stan_qaz wrote:Go over it carefully and make sure they got everything sealed well and the wheels are aligned, make them take it back and get it right.
As I'm a bit of a numb-nuts when it comes to cars I'll get one of my mates to check it out, about to head away for a trip down south anyway, so be good to get it on the open road and see if it'll drive straight :)

Car does need a full service anyway, really ought to do that next week.

And I never did buy that woman the gift basket.....as the Police report isn't yet completed I'm still $500 out of pocket which I had to pay until her full liability is determined. I'll get that back in a few weeks I guess

Return to “Chit Chat”