Unwanted Emails...

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
Charles W.
It begins with a single step

Unwanted Emails...

Sat May 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Dear Reader ,

Im new and my english isn't great but i do my best. Im a Outlook email user and get spammed all over by emails from .xyz :cry , This is so annoying i was looking for a better email app and yes i find it here but... How can i get those "unwanted mails" or "ongewenste emails" as it called in flamish visible on this great Mailwasher because i see only "normal" (wanted?) mails get vissible on this app so i can't ban or harrash :evil: the .xyz not with the (automatic) message "fake" one there was a fault or bounce as you say? I really want those mails vissible on Mailwasher so i can harash them back over and over again as they did and still do. I get at least 35 spam mails from .xyz and it driving me crazy :crazy ... sorry to say but if i don't want them and they keep me bullying me with it without my permission then for me its a bit "PAYBACK" time by sending them the message as you say something went wrong and so on? Please tell me how i can get the "unwanted" mails from outlook also vissible on Mailwasher? Thank you very very much for the help and again sorry for my bad english. By the way... GREAT GREAT APP !!! Charles.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Unwanted Emails...

Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:27 am

Possibly these are in your junk or spam folder?

MW can only see other folders than the inbox folder when it checks mail on your ISPs mail server if you setup the email account as IMAP as opposed to POP3 type.

If you try this and have any problems, check that your ISP supports IMAP, and if so, but still issues, please get back to me...

IF not already using IMAP, (currently using POP):

You can change this within MWpro under Settings>>Accounts, click your email account, click the Incoming tab, and beside "Server Type:" select IMAP in place of POP.
Change the IMAP server to what your ISP recommends.

(NOTE: you can get settings for most ISP's (NOT personal domains though) here: http://www.emailsettings.email/ )

Click save to save changes, then select the IMAP tab, click Refresh, and choose your spam or junk mail folders to show in MWpro.

If already using IMAP:
In MWpro click Settings>>Accounts, click your email account, click the IMAP tab, click Refresh, and choose your spam or junk mail folders to show in MWpro.
JameAmenda
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Unwanted Emails...

Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:25 pm

Spam emails can be a real nuisance, and I totally understand your frustration. While the urge to "payback" the spammers might be tempting, I'd actually advise against it. Engaging with spammers can sometimes make things worse, and it's generally safer to report and block them.

Return to “Chit Chat”