Another earthquake.

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Another earthquake.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:21 am

I'm just being soft :)

Supposedly now, 70,000 people have left the city though o_O
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 am

While I can understand that (at least in the short term) I still have to say: OUCH! :facepalm Talk about a mass exodus!
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Yahoo.....we have food....real food....meaty food :thumbsup

The supermarket was surprisingly quiet, with many on the eastern side out of action I thought it would be busier, but from time I left till I got back was only an hour.
snollofbone
highly esteamed croaking frog

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Sounds like life is beginnign to return to some resemblence of normailty..

I assume beer /booze/plonk/vino etc is still readily available???

graham in Oz
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

snollofbone wrote:Sounds like life is beginnign to return to some resemblence of normailty..

I assume beer /booze/plonk/vino etc is still readily available???

graham in Oz
The bottlestore around the corner was open on Thursday, so only two days closed :thumbsup Supermarkets here also sell plenty of booze, though I don't quite feel up to walking near large shelves of glass bottles right now ;)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 am

In other news, I've also not showered now in 12 days

Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:58 am

rusticdog wrote:In other news, I've also not showered now in 12 days.
My guess would be that you have a lot of company. Hard to detect when all alike. :D :D

Thought for a couple of days it looked like things were quieting down (monitoring the web sites you posted) but only to have the aftershocks return again.

RE: The glass bottles. Actually while hazardous to ones well being they are actually a pretty good early warning device. When you hear the rattle it's time to find shelter but you might want to grab a six pack on the way out just to prevent damage to the content.

Watch out around the high rise buildings. A window popping out way up can be fatal.

Hang in there the physic will calm over time.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 am

13 days soon :yuck

And no, rusticbitch has been washing....I probably shouldn't say this, but short showers are actually permitted for us as we suffered no liquefaction. I wish I could come up with a good reason why I haven't washed, but I really can't.

But yeah, high rises are a no-no right now.....walking under things in general gives me a moments pause....let's just say my couch:ass ratio right now is 1:1

Been a couple of aftershocks, nothing major though, they are lessening in frequency and strength, what's more testing is the road we live on is an arterial route so a fair amount of trucks right now, but the faint sound of a large truck heading down the road is similar to one that you can sometimes hear when an aftershock is coming....you can't always hear aftershocks, but sometimes the larger ones you can. Keeps you on edge :) As the traffic builds though the trucks are moving slower so it's not as bad.
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 am

Yeah, I thought SW's idea about grabbing a sixer on the way out was a good one. :thumbsup After all, you don't want to be said to have contributed to the mess. :devil

As for your ass:couch ratio ... Sounds like a plan. :devil
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 am

How is the dog doing through this whole thing?
I would think that he may be able to better discriminate between aftershocks and trucks.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 am

Maybe you can convince RB to give you a sponge bath without having to change the 1:1 ass:couch ratio. :lol: :lol:
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 am

Sidewinder wrote:How is the dog doing through this whole thing?
I would think that he may be able to better discriminate between aftershocks and trucks.
He's still a bit spooked, even on windy days his ears are constantly firing in different directions. With aftershocks, if he's on the couch he gets up on his back legs as though he's about to move, then gives up. If he's in another room he comes zooming into the lounge with us, then asks for a biscuit.

Sidewinder wrote:Maybe you can convince RB to give you a sponge bath without having to change the 1:1 ass:couch ratio. :lol: :lol:

I did suggest that, the idea went up in :flame
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 am

QuietOne wrote:Yeah, I thought SW's idea about grabbing a sixer on the way out was a good one. :thumbsup After all, you don't want to be said to have contributed to the mess. :devil

As for your ass:couch ratio ... Sounds like a plan. :devil

I probably have couch-sores :) ....will have to visit the bottle-store this weekend though, don't think a 6 pack will do it :twisted:
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 pm

rusticdog wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:Maybe you can convince RB to give you a sponge bath without having to change the 1:1 ass:couch ratio. :lol: :lol:

I did suggest that, the idea went up in :flame
Yeah, I can well imagine a sixer won't do and you might outta pick up some antibiotic burn cream while your out as it sounds like you've got some pretty serious burns/scorch marks to heal up as well. :facepalm :devil
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Don't think of this while you are shopping!
booze-fail.gif
booze-fail.gif (1.9 MiB) Viewed 16036 times
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Chit Chat”