Another earthquake.

General discussion about anything you like. Except Religion, US Politics and Midget discrimination.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Another earthquake.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:58 am

Duck wrote:Any word from Nick or the rest of the staff? I know that you said that as far as you know they are all safe, but just checking again.
Nick sent an email yesterday to another Beta tester and indicated that all of the FT staff and families were OK.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:32 am

According to an email I received from Nick Bolton, all Firetrust staff and their families are okay. The office building where they were headquartered is not probably usable anymore, but did not collapse completely.

While our people appear to be alright, hundreds of others are either confirmed dead or missing. There are 100 missing persons in the Christchurch CTV Television building that is totally collapsed and has been deemed unsurvivable.
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
QuietOne
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 am

rusticdog wrote:Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes too, we've had some incredible support. My understanding is we have Search and Rescue Teams arriving or already arrived from Australia, USA, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. I think in total there will be about 700 highly qualified persons.....in usual NZ fashion to show our gratitude we're transferring prisoners out of the local prison to give the support staff beds.

Pierre wrote:RD, great to hear from you and know you are all OK. :D A bit of a mess over there as Ozzie TV has 24 hour coverage. Take care to all. :thumbsup
Yeah I've been watching a little Sky Australia tonight, but now it's back to the Cricket :thumbsup
Back to the Cricket????? And I thought you just got through saying "Folks around here are Rugby Mad"????? Now I know you're all nuts!!!!! :crazy :facepalm ;)

ps: Glad to hear all of you are as well as can be expected. That's the best news of all. :thumbsup :thumbsup :devil
Stealth is the Best Weapon.
15" MacBook Pro, OS X 10.14.6, 16GB RAM, Parallels install went kaput so no Windows version, Mozilla Thunderbird. All T'bird accnts: POP3. iPhone Mail Accounts IMAP. Unsubscrbd DNSBL.
And I'm: Just Another βeta-Tester.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 am

Sidewinder wrote:Another of our beta testers just received an email from Nick and all from FT are OK but obviously shaken up. Building heavily damaged.

W00ts, glad to learn all are safe and sound.
:)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Ditto!!
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 pm

I found some photos that illustrate "unsurvivable." The building was on fire overnight in addition to collapsing.

Before:

After:

Edit : The CTV website is now offline, so I've replaced the image you had AC [rusticdog]
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:03 pm

QuietOne wrote:Back to the Cricket????? And I thought you just got through saying "Folks around here are Rugby Mad"????? Now I know you're all nuts!!!!! :crazy :facepalm ;)
Rugby is a Winter sport, Cricket is Summer :)

Wizcrafts wrote:According to an email I received from Nick Bolton, all Firetrust staff and their families are okay. The office building where they were headquartered is not probably usable anymore, but did not collapse completely.

While our people appear to be alright, hundreds of others are either confirmed dead or missing. There are 100 missing persons in the Christchurch CTV Television building that is totally collapsed and has been deemed unsurvivable.
Yeah, I've had a few emails now, and as far as I know everybody is safe and well with their families. A couple of staff still with no power is all.
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:34 pm

rusticdog wrote:Yeah, I've had a few emails now, and as far as I know everybody is safe and well with their families. A couple of staff still with no power is all.
We're all glad to know that you too are okay. The power will be restored as will the water treatment. Hang in there buddy. Let us know if you need any help from us mainlanders (or, are we in reality virtual Highlanders?).
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeap, it's 65% now with power, by tonight is aimed to be 75%
AlphaCentauri
Guardian Gecko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Well, we can at least cause pain to the scammers that will inevitably set up fake charity websites to siphon money that should be going to help get people back on their feet in Christchurch.

Like nzearthquakerelief.com, registered yesterday by the well known spammers, VistaPrint.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:52 pm

AlphaCentauri wrote:Well, we can at least cause pain to the scammers that will inevitably set up fake charity websites to siphon money that should be going to help get people back on their feet in Christchurch.

Like nzearthquakerelief.com, registered yesterday by the well known spammers, VistaPrint.
Yeah, there's scam emails going around as well. Pretty vulgar, but common place in these situations unfortunately. We've had some very minor looting, what bothers me more are the small businesses price gouging, we're hearing some stores charging double or triple for food/milk etc. Though I'm sure it's rare, these people are not true New Zealanders.

Supply chains are largely intact, so though we're down on a number of supermarkets, they have indicated at least that so long as people don't panic-buy, then supplies will be fine.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 am

For what it's worth it looks like we've got a new office ready for Monday out of the central city. I will probably continue to work from home myself, but others that need to have resources :thumbsup
smart1960
βeta Tester

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 am

Post us in the forum Chris when you are up and running? I was wondering what was going to happen with FIRETRUST and MAILWASHER? I suppose it will be a couple of monthes before things get to normal with BETAS and everything. Our thoughts are with you all and take care. Just wish we could get out there to help you all out.
All the best to our extended family at FIRETRUST.
Wyndham
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:56 am

Very best wishes from me too. We've been watching the news and am very glad to hear that you all seem to be OK.
iPad 12.9 2020 and iPhone X, using Latest iOS
I no longer use Mailwasher on my desktop PC as I 'wash' the emails on my mobile devices
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 am

smart1960 wrote:Post us in the forum Chris when you are up and running? I was wondering what was going to happen with FIRETRUST and MAILWASHER? I suppose it will be a couple of monthes before things get to normal with BETAS and everything. Our thoughts are with you all and take care. Just wish we could get out there to help you all out.
All the best to our extended family at FIRETRUST.
I think you'll find we'll be back a lot sooner. As it is our core systems aren't in Christchurch, so we haven't lost anything that makes the wheels turn, we've got enough machines and equipment to get guys on board, many of the staff already were setup to work from home as we often did so out of convenience.

So technically we're up and running now, just not mentally...that'll take a few days just to get into the right head space.

Return to “Chit Chat”