Renewed subscription -- getting expired error

Troubleshooting and help for FirstAlert spam database
kittylitter
Rattled Rabbit

Renewed subscription -- getting expired error

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 am

Hi,

Months ago I tried to renew (Dec or Jan) and was brought to an internet page saying that I had renewed, I never got acknowledgment in Mailwasher Pro. After some correspondence and being told that this did not get renewed, I just let it go and decided to work without the First Alert database. :yuck :thumbsdown

Finally I decided to try again and renew. I have a confirmation page with a confirmation number and automated letters saying that this is done and all should work smoothly now. According to the e-mails, I needed to do nothing except enable the database within the tools of Mailwasher Pro.

Guess what? I still get pop-up box that my First Alert subscription has expired and a link to renew it. Then there is another pop-up box saying that there are errors because I do not have a subscription..... Hello!!!! I've already done this twice!!!! :roll: :( :? :cry: :barf :rant :scratch I need HELP!! and perhaps a refund of a doubled subscription. :help

What is going on here? Please fix!
Northerner04
It begins with a single step

Re: Renewed subscription -- getting expired error

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:59 am

The Firetrust web site says in part <<First Alert is included in versions of Mailwasher Pro 4.0 and higher>> I paraphrase, but the gist is the same.

I have Mailwasher Pro version 6.1

I recently enabled First Alert.

I am continuously getting messages saying my subscription has expired.

Why???

Don
jason__L
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am

Same thing happening to me.

Received FristAlert expiration notice. Paid for renewal. Received email stating, "Your software will be updated automatically in 5 minutes. No license key is required to be entered."

Well, that was at 5:35 AM PDT, Sunday, July 18, 2010. It is now 4:18 PM PDT same day. I think more than 5 minutes have passed, and I'm still being told that my, "...subscription to the First Alert! global database of spam has expired."

Ya'll take Sunday off?
jason__L
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Sent email on Monday to support@firetrust.com and described issue. Received response Tuesday that instructed me to go to Mailwasher>tools>spam tools>Firstalert and enter my customer ID and password. BUT...the issue fixed itself before I receved the email reply from Firetrust support.

- Jason L.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help”