Found another bug: greylisting never passthrough

Support forum for MailWasher Enterprise Server
cwh168998
Travelling Tuatara

Found another bug: greylisting never passthrough

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 am

have to disable greylisting after upgrade to version 3.0.
First, it greylisting whitelisted email. then it greylisting same email again. End up the email will never been delivered.
Do not know how to go back to old version. I stopped then copied the old version back and then start mwes. the mwes started with no error. But web interface just blank.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Found another bug: greylisting never passthrough

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:59 am

I was going to suggest you go to Settings>>General>>Logging and change the logging to 'High' then wait for the problem to happen again and send us the logs.

Log location
Windows: C:\Program Files\MailWasher Enterprise Server\logs
Linux: \var\log\mwes

If it's greylisting the same email again and again then it's because the sending server is probably using a different IP address each time to re-send the email, eventually it will get through when all the IP's it can use are greylisted. You're probably better to whitelist the domain of this email. If you have SPF enabled and the sender has SPF records then it will bypass greylisting.

Going back to an old version with the same database is probably going to cause problems because of the database upgrade to version 3.0
cwh168998
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 am

Thank you for the help.
I enabled SPF with greylist but the email still be greylisted. How do I put sender to SPF record?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:06 am

It depends if the sender has an SPF record setup on their server, then it will be let through without greylisting. If the sender doesn't have SPF setup, then there's nothing you can do about it and their email will be greylisted - but you can always add it to the whitelist.

Return to “MailWasher Enterprise Server”