Some problems after installation

Well, it's up and running, but I'm not sure if it's doing what it should.
nkuser
Rattled Rabbit

Some problems after installation

Fri May 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Hello I have installed MWES after uninstalling our old spam filtering software, but I am having some problems

The mail is definately being filtered, I can log in as admin/password and see the filtering stats, however only mail appearing as filtered by RBL becomes available in quarantine to rescue.

Here is our stats:

you can see ~700 emails have been filtered but where have these gone?! There is not 700 emails in quarantine to rescue, there is only the 27 RBL ones. Also you will notice it says our license may have expired? I only installed it 30 mins ago and it was not saying this first of all, although I did not notice when it did start saying this.

Also, how do you set up logging in as a client? I assumed it would automatically find the exchange clients and allow me to log into server:4044 as any current user to see their own quarantine list? But it doesnt allow me to log in as any current user, I can only log in as admin/password
nkuser
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Some problems after installation

Fri May 22, 2009 11:02 pm

To add, this is on exchange 2003, I have installed the conduit version of mailwasher
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 23, 2009 12:52 am

MWES isn't my strong point...it's not even my average point ;)

However it's my understanding though that Gray Listing statistics are not currently included in the panel, which explains the variance. These Gray Listed emails also show in a separate Quarantine, first select Quarantine then in the sub-menu 'Gray Listing'

I thought though Gray Listing wasn't available on MW Exchange, though that might only be for certain versions of Exchange....

The License status I assume is only for the FirstAlert subscription, but not required.

User accounts I don't believe are yet properly managed, but creatable under Settings >> User Details...

Sorry I can't be of much help, it's 1am here in NZ though so I thought I'd at least post what I knew before Nick or Ali were able to see this.
nkuser
Rattled Rabbit

Sat May 23, 2009 12:56 am

Thanks for the reply, grey list tab is selectable but displays no quarantined emails when selected

So if i create a user under settings->user details which matches an existing exchange user account, I will be able to log in and view their quarantined section?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 23, 2009 1:05 am

OK, Ali or Nick will have to answer about the variance/gray listing.

Any user account can view the quarantined messages, just a case of entering what email address you want to see in the TO: field of the quarantine. It's not currently tied down to specific emails only viewable by specific accounts.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat May 23, 2009 4:45 am

Hi Mike

You'll need to have port 4051 open so that might be the reason you're getting that license message. The conduit version http://firetrust.com/en/support/mailwas ... ise_server doesn't have grey listing, but the proxy version does. http://firetrust.com/en/support/mailwas ... dows_proxy so you'll need to install the proxy version if you want to enable grey listing.
So if i create a user under settings->user details which matches an existing exchange user account, I will be able to log in and view their quarantined section?
Yes, you give out this general user login info to your users and they login and find their own email.

Return to “Post Installation”