Gray Listing

Well, it's up and running, but I'm not sure if it's doing what it should.
crossman
Rattled Rabbit

Gray Listing

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:46 am

I have recently installed The Mailwasher Enterprise Server on my clients server running Exchange 2003. I have installed the conduit and emails are getting blocked. Unfortunately, a lot of 'legit' emails are getting caught as well. We are still experiencing a lot of spam getting through, which I have forwarded to the dakin@mailwasher.net address. My client has asked about the grey listing setting. I have been trying to gather more information, and the only thing I've really been able to see is that it doesn't work with Exchange 2003, that it's a Proxy. Is there more detailed information on this? I know this is a lot of questions in one post, just looking for some answers. Thanks.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Gray Listing

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi there

I'm not the expert on this, but will answer as best I can.

The conduit version (which does not support GrayListing) of MailWasher Enterprise Server is being dropped...as of yesterday. It simply isn't worth the hassle trying to develop for the different versions of Exchange, though it is still supported, just no more development.

The Proxy version however, which runs on any Exchange has the GrayListing feature, which from my personal experience is one of the better features.

I can't say why legitimate email is being blocked, you'd need to look into the Quarantine and see what sources are blocking the email.

Cheers
ajt
would rather be watching cricket

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi,

Just adding more into rusticdog reply.

MWES Proxy Version is very stable and highly efficient product. Running efficiently on Exchange 2003, 2007.

I would recommend to uninstall conduit version and install latest release of proxy version. Make sure you go through below link before running .exe file.

http://firetrust.com/en/support/mailwas ... er_windows

Gray listing feature is disabled by default and can be enabled through Admin panel->settings->action panel.

Monitor Gray listing Quarantine for few days and rescue emails if required. Gray listing feature is intelligent and scalable don't start rescuing emails immediately give it atleast 30 minutes before manual rescue.

Cheers
crossman
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:24 am

Thanks guys. I'll take this information to the client and we'll go from there. I'll post my results.
ajt
would rather be watching cricket

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 pm

ok

Return to “Post Installation”