SMTP Connection is refused

Well, it's up and running, but I'm not sure if it's doing what it should.
systemshark
Mystified Moa

SMTP Connection is refused

Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi Folks,

I've got MWES installed onto Windows 2003 Small business Server fine, Installation was no problem, I've changed the Exchange SMTP virutal connector port to 26.

I have notice that I've had no SMTP traffic from my ISP. using Telnet to connect to port 25 on my server, I've getting a connection refused and is closed.

in the mean time, I've stopped the MWES Service and returned Exchange to port 25 and I've now processing a backlog of messages.

Any suggestions.
ajt
would rather be watching cricket

Re: SMTP Connection is refused

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi,

I assume you have installed mwes 2.7? Did you add valid domains in Admin panel->Settings->Domains menus. You have to add atleast 1 valid domain. By default mwes will refuse all incoming connections at port 25. This feature is being enabled to prevent box to become "Open Relay".
We are also offering Free MWES installation support. Email has been sent to you.

Cheers
systemshark
Mystified Moa

Re: SMTP Connection is refused

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

All working with changes to registery thanks to AJT for his help.

Here are the changes

1. Changed mta_relay_host=10.0.0.10 in mwes registry (Hint is present in Installation File)
2. Changed SMTP to listen to "All Unassigned" IP addresses.
3. Removed entries 10.0.0.10 & 10.0.0.200 from "Relay restrictions". MWES will not allow Open Relay when running.

Hope this helps someone else....

Thanks
Rich

Return to “Post Installation”