not sure about gray listing

Well, it's up and running, but I'm not sure if it's doing what it should.
adotgdot
It begins with a single step

not sure about gray listing

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 am

Hello!

We use Mailwasher Server for nearly one year and are happy with ist. The used version was up to today was: V2.3.4
This version had the problem it occasionally crashed which was a known issue I guess ... We used the workaround with the starting script which restarted the service so in most cases the service ran stable. Nevertheless we read the new written, current version was even better ...

That's why we upgraded to the topical version V2.7.3 today. Installation and upgrading did not cause any problems and MWES works well.

Now the questions:
1.) can I use our existing FirstAlert-account's username/password to enter into "product license"-field?
Or do I need to ask for new registration-data (our account is still valid and paid)?

2.) gray listing feature: I have activated but I'm not sure whether it works proper:
when I look into "quarantine/gray listing" I see several emails, also such ones which are definitely no spam. I rescued some of them but somebody said the gray listing-feature would need more time (up to 30 min.) and so I no longer rescued.

But:
How can I distinguish if a email listed under "quarantine/gray listing" ...
- has already passed through because it's no spam
- is already blocked because it's spam
- is currently processing and the spam-decision as not been made yet
I only see three colours:
black?
gray?
green: after manual rescuing...

Can anybody give me some further information?

Best regards
Andy

Return to “Post Installation”