Working Great Here. No Issues

Problems/tips/tricks with MailWasher Enterprise, Windows and Exchange
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Working Great Here. No Issues

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 pm

I installed MailWasher Enterprise Server last week and it is now running rock solid. For the first couple of days the MWES service would stop unexpectedly but has now been running for the last six days without issue. It actually works much better then the previous versions. The Junk Email upload feature actually works in this release. I could never get it to work before. I would like see a feature added that would allow you to view quarantined emails without having to download it.

Rick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Working Great Here. No Issues

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Great to hear, we're actually still getting some users run in to issues where it would sometimes shut down and we've issued a new release unofficially which should fix this. Very difficult when you're not experiencing the same problems here.

Download from:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/Firetrust/mwes/ ... er_264.exe

Anyway, we'll add in the ability to view quarantined email content when we've got the individual quarantine screens working. We can't do it in the global quarantine screen as most emails are private.
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks Nick, The MWSE service failed last night and this morning so I did the upgrade to the new version and I have my fingers crossed.
Keep up the good work,
Rick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Thanks for letting me know Rick. Can you please set the logging level = 1 in Windows Registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firetrust Limited\mwes"

Then restart MWES

If it fails again can you please send me the logs from c:\Program Files\MaiLWasher Enterprise Server\Logs to nick.bolton@firetrust.com (including the conduit logs in there)

Thanks
Nick
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Nick, The latest MW Server update has been running now for ten days now without stopping. I have also employed the custom filter and it is also working very well.

Rick
ajt
would rather be watching cricket

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi Rick,

Nice to know MWES is running fine. Could you tell us about OS/Exchange Versions with Service Pack it is running on?

Cheers
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 am

Nick, I am running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2 and Microsoft Exchange Version 6.5.6994.0 .

Rick
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Nick,

The MWES Service continues to fail. I tried to email you the log files but your email box was full and and could not accept my Zip file of logs. I just have three active Exchange mailboxes that I am testing and looking to roll this out to 15,000 +. With this type of failure rate I am now looking to other solutions. Please let me know what I need to do to stop this service from failing.

Rick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi there Rick, we've released some fixes recently which will fix this crashing for you. See version 2.643 and give that a go. I'm sure you'll have no problems with it.

There's also a proxy version in beta (with grey listing which is blocking a lot of spam) and it's working well for people. It's not a gateway though so can only work 1 proxy to 1 exchange box.

I'm surprised you got a message my mailbox was full as I don't have any limits on what I receive or how much. Please feel free to resend to nick.bolton@firetrust.com

Regards
Nick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun May 10, 2009 3:51 am

Just to let you know, we've released another update since I wrote this and it fixes another (long standing) bug which was causing crashing related to malformed html emails. We've had other users say they've had no problems since and MWE continues to run smoothly.

Download from: http://firetrust.com/en/download/mailwa ... ise_server
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Thu May 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Nick, I installed I have been keeping current with all of the updates and have had no service crashes. I also discovered Postini at half the cost of MailWasher Enterprise and it stops spam before it ever touches my organization. I will not be renewing my account for MailWasher Server.
Rick
AuroraDr
Mystified Moa

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Kinda of odd that Nick Bolton has not responded to my previous message.
Everyone, you really need to check out Postini. Far better than MailWasher.
http://www.google.com/postini/

I am now running 100% spam free with Postini.

Rick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:25 pm

well, how appropriate do you think it is trash our product on our forum? Postini is half price if you've got 5 users, if you've got more users is soon becomes very much more expensive. If you try the latest version of MWES you'll find you don't get any spam either. Plus not everyone wants their email to go through Google's servers.

Return to “Windows Specific”