Suggestions/Features Requests

Anything else, but be polite...
Swinomish
Student Sheep

Suggestions/Features Requests

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Howdy,

I'm an OSS convert, I loved OSS , but hated the NAG footer that was inserted into emails..I uninstalled OSS, and finally bit the bullet and we got the full meal deal Enterprise edition..

Install was painless and easy.. had it up and running within 20-30 minutes.New web interface is clean and easy to navigate, I also like the new XML filtering system
I know comming from the OSS platform that MWES is still a work in progress with improvements and features being added..

Can you add a section to the Forums for feature suggestions and requests?

My current wish list:
  • Import Whitelist/Black list from text or CSV
    Delete Quarantined\GreyList items immediately
    Option to Blacklist\Whitelist Items from GreyList
of those, the import feature would be the highest priority so i could import my Whitelists/Blacklist I saved from my OSS installation

I am sure I will find more things I want as I go along..

Perhaps other have made the same suggestions already? But I could not find them..(i did look)

Thanks,
Sam
Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1
Exchange 2007 Standard SP3
Mailwasher Enterprise Server 2.8.0.0{W}
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Suggestions/Features Requests

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks Sam,

I'll add a suggestions area now.

We've got the import feature on the list of things to do soon.

One thing you might be interested in is:-

Digest reports - periodically sends a list of blocked email to users and allows them to rescue.

If you want to try the daily emailed digest of spam, upgrade to version 2.77 and add this to the registry (win) or mwes.conf (linux). This feature is experimental at the moment

web_hostname=<a valid URL or IP>

# switch on/off digest report (default is off=0)
use_digest_report=1
#create report every x hours
digest_report_time=6

Also required in user admin screen, is a primary email address for each user.

Regards
Nick
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I forgot to mention, we have a suggestions forum at http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... uggestions
Swinomish
Student Sheep

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 am

Awesome!!

Thanks Nick..

I actually prefer the global Admin screen quarantine method, it gives us more control.

With it I can kill and blacklist the "best friend' chain emails, hoax warnings etc.

We have simply told people If they have a vendor, business contact or even patron that frequently send Jokes, or chain emails, or warnings that turn out to be HOAXes. They have the potential of being “tagged” by our new system as a SPAMMER and getting blacklisted.

I have not setup any users at all to have access to the quarantine list and I will not.. I don't want them to start rescuing the stuff I want to kill. I am using the global Admin login and culling the good from the bad as part of a daily checklist as part of our routine IT duties.

So, for me the Digest feature would be something I would never use..

Thanks,
Sam

PS Already using 2.77, added to my profile signature when creating my profile for the forums..
nick.bolton wrote:Thanks Sam,

I'll add a suggestions area now.

We've got the import feature on the list of things to do soon.

One thing you might be interested in is:-

Digest reports - periodically sends a list of blocked email to users and allows them to rescue.

If you want to try the daily emailed digest of spam, upgrade to version 2.77 and add this to the registry (win) or mwes.conf (linux). This feature is experimental at the moment

web_hostname=<a valid URL or IP>

# switch on/off digest report (default is off=0)
use_digest_report=1
#create report every x hours
digest_report_time=6

Also required in user admin screen, is a primary email address for each user.

Regards
Nick
Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1
Exchange 2007 Standard SP3
Mailwasher Enterprise Server 2.8.0.0{W}

Return to “Miscellaneous”